Police Aggression at Education Rally

domilinguist

Feb 22, 2008
Surprise, surprise, the police making idiots of themselves, trying to break up a peaceful demonstration regarding the government's investment in education (or lack thereof). This happened directly opposite the national palace, people. Shame on the National Police for this outrage.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N1KPOtJLN9k?fs=1&hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N1KPOtJLN9k?fs=1&hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Bernard Jean-Pierre

Oct 31, 2010
Nobody is perfect, pero por Dios!! The Police are SO incompetent, unprofessional, poorly trained, disorganized and corrupt that its almost incomprehensible. I mean you can NOT expect to carry even the slightest presence of authority when you;
1) have ZERO capability to use good judgment in a public/social gathering of citizens 2) start to remove a person and/or something they have and then stop when the person fights hard enough in protest,
3) walk around with guns drawn in ALL TYPES of unsafe positions as if accidents can't happen and,
4) can't even police their own self when it comes to bribes, drugs and corruption.
What is worse, los AMET are even more incompetent. I don't know who will get the next election, but they ENTIRE Police mechanism in the Dominican Republic needs to be tore down and built from scratch using some other relatively 'successful' model. I don't care who its modeled on, but something has really got to change. When there is NO respect for Police, you have a serious problem. Most people already feel that the Police are the 'enemy' as it is, the LAST thing you need to do is augment that by allowing a poorly trained and ill-mannered Police force to agitate the masses even more.

dilligafny

Jan 31, 2010
Nobody is perfect, pero por Dios!! The Police are SO incompetent, unprofessional, poorly trained, disorganized and corrupt that its almost incomprehensible. I mean you can NOT expect to carry even the slightest presence of authority when you;
1) have ZERO capability to use good judgment in a public/social gathering of citizens 2) start to remove a person and/or something they have and then stop when the person fights hard enough in protest,
3) walk around with guns drawn in ALL TYPES of unsafe positions as if accidents can't happen and,
4) can't even police their own self when it comes to bribes, drugs and corruption.
What is worse, los AMET are even more incompetent. I don't know who will get the next election, but they ENTIRE Police mechanism in the Dominican Republic needs to be tore down and built from scratch using some other relatively 'successful' model. I don't care who its modeled on, but something has really got to change. When there is NO respect for Police, you have a serious problem. Most people already feel that the Police are the 'enemy' as it is, the LAST thing you need to do is augment that by allowing a poorly trained and ill-mannered Police force to agitate the masses even more.

incompetent is putting it mildly,,whats up with the guy in the wool ski cap tho?:bunny:

Yumnuk

Jun 27, 2009
Those low-grade morons that were impersonating police officers gave us the perfect illustration of the desperate urgent need to spend well over 4% on education.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I don't understand why are they asking for that. 4% is in the DR constitution approved already .

JJ

I think they used great restaint, They dont want people protesting with Umbrellas that can possibly be used as a weapon, Maybe some of you people should walk a mile in their shoes before you start with the police brutality crap. All the people had to do was protest peacefully without the medal rods (Umbrellas). Once you start fighting with the officer over the umbrella you deserved to get decked and arrested, plain and simple.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
incompetent is putting it mildly,,whats up with the guy in the wool ski cap tho?:bunny:

He can't read and came to the wrong demonstration!
Probably from around Constanza, it's very cold and you can ski there.
Needless to say that if any IQ-test would be held, he would be nr 1. :rambo:

Yumnuk

Jun 27, 2009
Treason and Bribery - two reasons to immediately begin impeachment proceedings against President Leonel Fernandez for going against the Dominican Constitution.

Dominican lawmakers must be made to understand that NEXT in importance to freedom and justice is the promise of adequate educational opportunities for all to pursue.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I think they used great restaint, They dont want people protesting with Umbrellas that can possibly be used as a weapon, Maybe some of you people should walk a mile in their shoes before you start with the police brutality crap. All the people had to do was protest peacefully without the medal rods (Umbrellas). Once you start fighting with the officer over the umbrella you deserved to get decked and arrested, plain and simple.

Wow dude...I know you're a cop and probably just trying to defend your lot, but come on really? On a peaceful demonstration where everyone's just sitting around and the police instead of coming over to watch these people and maintain order are just coming over to start a scuffle. Fact is Dominican police "officers" are a bunch of uneducated thugs. They do this to teachers, doctors, religious leaders, etc...

There's a culture / mentality started by Trujillo and still prevails which makes it so that police see their roll as a repression force instead of a community oriented force. Tell me in your eyes what did this people do to deserve this? Why are they trying to take this woman's umbrella? If this is a "weapon" then shouldn't they be banned and/or shouldn't he just have asked - nicely - to see it to inspect it. I'm sure she would have let him...

THIS IS THE BEST EXAMPLE OF WHY THE 4% IS NEEDED FOR EDUCATION.

Reactions: greydread
May 5, 2007
Wow dude...I know you're a cop and probably just trying to defend your lot, but come on really? On a peaceful demonstration where everyone's just sitting around and the police instead of coming over to watch these people and maintain order are just coming over to start a scuffle. Fact is Dominican police "officers" are a bunch of uneducated thugs. They do this to teachers, doctors, religious leaders, etc...

There's a culture / mentality started by Trujillo and still prevails which makes it so that police see their roll as a repression force instead of a community oriented force. Tell me in your eyes what did this people do to deserve this? Why are they trying to take this woman's umbrella? If this is a "weapon" then shouldn't they be banned and/or shouldn't he just have asked - nicely - to see it to inspect it. I'm sure she would have let him...

THIS IS THE BEST EXAMPLE OF WHY THE 4% IS NEEDED FOR EDUCATION.

I don't understand Spanish so maybe I missed a lot on that video, but "audio" non withstanding, all that pulling and laying of hands on the Officers would have resulted in multiple arrest and more in the US

Not the job of the cops to mediate their concerns of Govt spending but to maintain order

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I don't understand Spanish so maybe I missed a lot on that video, but "audio" non withstanding, all that pulling and laying of hands on the Officers would have resulted in multiple arrest and more in the US

Not the job of the cops to mediate their concerns of Govt spending but to maintain order

In the US all that pulling and laying hands on BY officers against peaceful dissenters would result in budget and career breaking lawsuits against them (except in NYC).

The government's failure to carry out constitutional mandate wouldn't be tolerated in the US (except of course the sporadic trampling of 2nd ammendment rights in some States in spite of current Supreme Court decisions supporting 2A and the shredding of the 4th by DHS as sanctioned by the Patriot Act). Well, on second thought....

Apparently yellow umbrellas are illegal in Santo Domingo. The T-shirt tug of war was the dumbest display of undisciplined LE we're likely to see and the funny part was when the LE lost.