cheapest way to fly dr to uk

dandudette

May 10, 2007
just looking at the cheapest options to fly from the DR either SDQ or POP..
any ideas from people who have done it.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Flying out of pop I used to buy tickets from the the office in town for 18,000pesos. I think it varied a bit but not much.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
One of the other guys will have to give you the number and exact directions. It is on the left as you turn Down to the malecon coming from the Sosua direction. One way.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Both Thomson and Thomas Cook have offices in Puerto Plata. Thomson's telephone number is 809 586 2223, ext. 234 and ask for Carl. Thomas Cook telephone number is 809 320 0611. Both will sell you one ways to the UK at a cost of approx. $465 US.

You can also buy a one way or return ticket from Charter Flight Centre Home page [charterflights.co.uk] - the one way is available if you hold a British passport and have travelled to the DR via any charter airline within the last 12 months. It is easy to use their search function to find suitable flights and suggest you email them for an exact quotation.

I have posted the above information several times now but the search function here on DR1 made it almost impossible to find my previous postings. As this question seems to come up quite often, perhaps it would be an idea to make it a 'sticky'??

dandudette

May 10, 2007
thanks a lot whirleybird! :) i need a return as i want to come back.. i checked out charterflights but nothing :( oh its so hard haha! :)
i dont get what you mean make it "sticky" :S but thanks soo much for your help ! :D

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
thanks a lot whirleybird! :) i need a return as i want to come back.. i checked out charterflights but nothing :( oh its so hard haha! :)
i dont get what you mean make it "sticky" :S but thanks soo much for your help ! :D

You will not find return flights from Puerto Plata to UK on their website... you need to email them to find a suitable deal. Suggest you send mail to leslie@charterflights.co.uk as she is very helpful and has secured several flights for me when needed including a return flight from POP - Manchester at the end of June this year.