ATM Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Was at Banco Popular yesterday and they've added $112 pesos per withdrawal.
Do all banks in Sosua now have a fee?

Reactions: waytogo

rh8371

Nov 5, 2008
ATM Fees

All bancks in Sousa? Try all banks in DR. I left the country in July 2010 and came back in Nov. and was surprised to find this fee in most of the DR Bank's ATMs. However, you can still find a fee that don't and this maybe becuase the haven't been programmed. But it's just another way for the banks to take more of your hard earned money!

Does anyone know which bank in the DR is the best that doesn't charge you a few for every transactions including deposits.

Reactions: waytogo

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Was at Banco Popular yesterday and they've added $112 pesos per withdrawal.
Do all banks in Sosua now have a fee?

I'm not sure if there is a Banco Processo in Sosua, but in Santo Domingo they are one of the few that I know that have no withdrawal fee.:cheeky:

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
The Banco Progresso in Sosua has the fee too. The other catch is the limit per transaction even just figuring out what the limit is. Anyone figured out the ATM limits per transaction per bank?

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
i use reserva banc in sosua, next door to super super.

the only fee i get is a fee from my home back for an international transaction, which is about 2 bucks iirc. reserva banc never charges me a fee.

i used that atm, day, and sometimes night, in february, march, april, may, july, october, and november, and have never had a fee.

also, iirc the limit per transaction is 5000 pesos. but then you can do another transaction without starting over. i THINK it was 5000 it may have been 7000

Aug 21, 2007
If you go back to your home bank in the US and discuss various types of checking/savings accounts, most banks have an account with a higher balance limit that will allow you international debit withdrawals, whereby they reimburse the ATM fee. My bank, PNC, does so, and I know there are others as well.

Do some shopping around for the right account, and you can avoid the charges. Good luck!

Lindsey

Status
Not open for further replies.