Banco Central Vs Banreservas CD rates

Lola Mento

Nov 24, 2010
Hello everyone.
I want to put some money in a long term (24-36 months) CD account and I was wondering which Bank is better to do this. Some people say Banco Central and some other Banreservas. I've heard they are both are solid banks. Which one pays highest interest (APY). What are the current CD rates. They do not provide it in their websites. Also who has better costumer services?

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I believe Banco Central is no longer issuing CDs, anyone can correct me if Im wrong.
Banco Central de la Repblica Dominicana

Can someone inform me if one has a "Certificado a Plazo Fijo" does one have to withdraw it now that they are not issuing anymore CDs, I was reading on the website but Im not sure if that's what they mean. thanks

Lola Mento

Nov 24, 2010
Banreservas it is

Thanks You :) . I checked the website and I think you are right. So, I will go for Banreservas then. Do you know the Interest rates for 36 months in Dominican pesos. I know for US$ is considerably lower.

Lola Mento

Nov 24, 2010
Thank you all, I contacted Scotiabank ..

I contacted scotiabank and they are offering me 5.75% for a CD flex, this is a flexible CD that allows you to upgrade your % before maturing if it goes up in the markek. However stays the same if it goes down. This is for DOP. I don't have the APY for dollars. I have never use Scotiabank for personal banking so I'm not sure how good/solid the bank is. Sounds like a good deal to me considering is a flexible CD

Lola Mento

Nov 24, 2010
Great chart!!

Hey wiseguy, thanks a lot for the response. Great chart to see how the market has been behaving, I most certainly take it into consideration at the time I open a CD account. I contacted Banreservas and they are offering 2.5% on 2 years USD CD and they offer to Capitalize interest payments meaning your interest payments become principal (capital) as they are credited to the account.
I think I just made up my mind ;)