Jarabacoa Country Club Opens!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Today was the official inauguration of the opening of the Jarabacoa Country Club.

I estimate at least 500 well-dressed people attended along with a gaggle of press types. There were TV cameras and print photographers everywhere. It was a virtual Who's Who of Central Dominicans in business and politics.

President Fernandez, in all his protective entourage glory, came for the ribbon cutting and speeches. Fellucho, the President of JCC, gave the main sermo....err....speech.

The place looks great! The BoD had to fire the original contractor and hired Alida's cousin to finish the main structure, and finish it they did! An amazing amount of work in a very short period of time.

Having ties to the restaurant business in a former life, I asked and we got a tour of the kitchen. Excellent. The design is efficient and the equipment high quality with multiple stations, food prep areas, washing and huge walk-in coolers and freezers. I have no doubt the food will come out top notch.

No doubt there will be multiple newspaper and TV reports. We took some pics and I'll process and post later.

JCC will be a excellent addition to the Jarabacoa community.

Reactions: Lucille

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Today was the official inauguration of the opening of the Jarabacoa Country Club.

I estimate at least 500 well-dressed people attended along with a gaggle of press types. There were TV cameras and print photographers everywhere. It was a virtual Who's Who of Central Dominicans in business and politics.

President Fernandez, in all his protective entourage glory, came for the ribbon cutting and speeches. Fellucho, the President of JCC, gave the main sermo....err....speech.

The place looks great! The BoD had to fire the original contractor and hired Alida's cousin to finish the main structure, and finish it they did! An amazing amount of work in a very short period of time.

Having ties to the restaurant business in a former life, I asked and we got a tour of the kitchen. Excellent. The design is efficient and the equipment high quality with multiple stations, food prep areas, washing and huge walk-in coolers and freezers. I have no doubt the food will come out top notch.

No doubt there will be multiple newspaper and TV reports. We took some pics and I'll process and post later.

Have they fixed the road?

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Thanks for the report. I was looking at property near Jarabacoa last weekend. Any idea of the types of memberships and the cost?

Cheers!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Have they fixed the road?
YES!

They have graded it and are putting in drain concrete drain ditches and curbs. The steep slope is now nice and without ruts (for now, anyway.) I'd ride a bike down there now, no problem.

It appears they are prepping for asphalt...which I predicted when it was first planned.

The main building and front driveway are all fully done down to the landscaping.

Tennis/handball courts are roughed in with concrete. The putting green is prepped and sprinklers installed, ready for good dirt and sod (or seed, or whatever they do.

Pools look nice and the pool deck area huge.

There is still some work to be done, ongoing projects like the stocked lake and lakeside restaurant, the river "beach", etc. but for now it's for real...and not that far behind schedule.

There is a big gala planned for Saturday night with Johnny Ventura and Fernando Echavarria y La Familia Andre playing to kick it off.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
So Felucho parlayed his "public" service into serving himself another piece of the cake?

That is why the Commies went into politics in the first place!!

Love,

HB

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

Robert and Alida:
Thanks so much for your invitation..
I am so sorry that I missed it...
I will see you soon...
Lucille

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
So Felucho parlayed his "public" service into serving himself another piece of the cake?

That is why the Commies went into politics in the first place!!

Love,

HB
He doesn't own it, but got it rolling and sold his land cheap.

They guy sure can talk!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Robert and Alida:
Thanks so much for your invitation..
I am so sorry that I missed it...
I will see you soon...
Lucille
No prob, hope you're feeling better. Check the TV, I'm sure they have the story.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
We got there on time, 11am, which is really an hour early, Dominican Standard Time. Wziel, one of our associates, took the big camera.

These guys lined the streets; I have no doubt there was enough firepower there to humble Detroit:
PrezStaff.jpg

The President's team was already there prepping for their bosses arrival:
JCCIII.jpg

That's a metal detector at the front door, a guy wanding all passing through it (not a TSA badge in sight, no one was molested), and ladies had their purses searched.

We walked around some while the members arrived:
JCC-I.jpg

JCC-II.jpg

Got a tour of the kitchen; I LOVE industrial/restaurant kitchens! This one is very well equipped:
KitchenI-1.jpg

KitchenII.jpg

The press begins to gather and score their turf:
PressI.jpg

PressII.jpg

And then Presidential security came and told us the camera had to go unless we stood in the press corral. So Wziel took the camera to the car...so no more pics. Blame Leonel, I'm a victim...;)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
These guys lined the streets; I have no doubt there was enough firepower there to humble Detroit...;)

Thanks for the great pics CB, hopefully these guys can keep the Riff Raff permanently out of Jarabacoa.

tambo'

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Wow !! That's really an impressive building

Envious of you people up there in the "High Rent Zona"....:cheeky:

Who did the course....?

WW

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Wow !! That's really an impressive building

Envious of you people up there in the "High Rent Zona"....:cheeky:

Who did the course....?

WW
No course, but there is a beautiful 9 hole course carved out of the hills closeby, offset tees make it 18 holes.

The membership pretty much overlaps.

This is the first phase of the project. The second phase includes a 2ac stocked lake with lakeside restaurant/bar and spa.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Yikes..... thats affordable.

And they're stocking the lake for fishing?

WW
Yes.

Largemouth bass for one. I'm prepping my Texas rig with a bunch of plastic worms. ;) I always preferred the pumpkinseeds...

Note, there is a one-time initiation fee for both. I'm not sure of the status of the equity memberships for JCC. I know of a few who have invested a LOT in JCC, 80 times more than we did (the minimum.)

But still a really good deal.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I am very pleased that the JCC finally opened his doors, its a fine and elegant addition to the town of Jarabacoa.

I saw the first bricks being layed, watched the walls come up and the surroundings being modified.

Can't wait to see it fully finished and I am proud to be part of it.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
So is this open to anyone or do you need an invitation from a current member? Also what's the initiation fee if you don't mind sharing.