more action on the streets last night...

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
4 thieves had a shootout with the cops last night behind hotel mango.i heard the thieves shot one of the cops.he?s ok do to his bulletproof vest.2 of the 4 thieves are dead.good job police!

Great news. Let's hope the other 2 are shot trying to escape ;)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
There has been loads of action this week. I was having a beer with my buds the other night when the whistling of arming came echoing down the street. The ninjas came pelting down the street in full force, full combat gear maybe 30 or 40 of them. It has quite an effect hen they come down from nowhere in surge. Turns out they were just looking for Xmas money, arrested the guys who own the colmados, a couple of workers from each colmado and put a couple of bikes on the truck. Everyone paid the 2000 pesos standard and were back having a beer in the street within an hour.

2 nights before that 2 guys were found executed on the reef around 8 1/2. Xmas is a time for keeping your head down and avoiding the police as much as possible.

ab2000

Nov 7, 2010
where is hotel Mango?

Pretty much close to the Autopista Las Americas. Christmas is not the best time to visit this country it is true. Por lo menos to be very careful and to stay in casa at night.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
wow
for the last year i've heard sosua this and sosua that
in the last 2 weeks i've heard of alot more serious troubles in boca chica
and to think i was planning to visit there :)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It doesnt matter where you go, it will be going on, you just have to know it is there, use your common sense and it is quite easy to get along without it bothering you. Know but ignore it I think is best way to live along side it all.

I remember my first ever trip to Sosua, there was a massive shoot out up PC, being British we don't see this kind of stuff, even our police don't carry guns as sidearms so it freaked me right out.

Got used to it eventually, although thankfully shootings that size are rare in Sosua.

Now in the capital unfortunately it is more rare to have a night pass I don't hear gunshots around our streets.

Mar 1, 2009
Individuals in Dominican law enforcement have a new unofficial policy. If you have more than three fichas for violent crimes and are caught committing a new violent crime or theft, you will be shot and a gun planted on you. I say good riddance to the evil-doers, justice has been served and you ultra-liberal Europeans and North American's who simply roll your eyes and judge, judge, judge, remember the only reason we have a drug problem which is currently the root of many of the crimes being perpetrated. Is because of the consumption of narcotics in your countries of birth. So either give us the tools to help us win the so-called war on drugs, or get out of the way.

Bernard Jean-Pierre

Oct 31, 2010
...remember the only reason we have a drug problem which is currently the root of many of the crimes being perpetrated. Is because of the consumption of narcotics in your countries of birth. So either give us the tools to help us win the so-called war on drugs, or get out of the way.

Really?? Care to elaborate?? If Mike in Nueva Yol smokes crack, how does that obligate Yuyu in Moca to do the same?? If Crazy Paul sets up shop in California, how does that obligate Jimmy Bauer to turn his stomach into un bulto intestinal??? Does consumption in one place perhaps CONTRIBUTE to potential consumption in another, yes. But it is NOT by any stretch of the imagination the "only reason" any one country has a drug problem. Supply does not mean absolute or definite consumption, it means POTENTIAL consumption.

I'm sure I could find drugs in my City pretty easily if I wanted to, but WHO makes the decision to take or sell drugs??? I would have to do that.
Santo Domingo may get TONS of drugs every month, but WHO decides to pasar por alto los paquetes sospechosos?? The Mexican Cartel Lieutenant? The American Money Launderer? No, the Dominican Customs Agent.
Who chops it up and distributes it?? The Afghan Poppy Farmer?? The Puerto Rican Smuggler?? No, the Dominican Dealer.
If you have trouble grasping that, feel free to ask the more than FIVE THOUSAND Dominican Agents connected to drug trafficking in the last 3 years. http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2010/11/12/37598/More-than-5000-Dominican-agents-linked-to-crimes-in-just-3-years
Entonces, si quieres echar la culpa, te imploro a usar todos tus deditos pa' puntar. Don't point at consumption without pointing at CORRUPTION. Don't look at national responsibility and ignore PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. And as much as you champion 'self improvement', 'self sufficiency', and 'stop being a victim' in regards to other people (http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/109086-stateless-dominican-republic-videos.html), it would be comforting to know that you apply that philosophy evenly across the border....I mean, across the board.

With all due respect, if the PLD, PRD, PRSC wants to dust off ye ole' noose to render justice, they have every right to do so as a Sovereign nation. However, you can not blame any other Country for drug use in the Dominican Republic. Its INDIVIDUAL people who use drugs, its not some national obligatory consumption mechanism.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Individuals in Dominican law enforcement have a new unofficial policy. If you have more than three fichas for violent crimes and are caught committing a new violent crime or theft, you will be shot and a gun planted on you. I say good riddance to the evil-doers, justice has been served and you ultra-liberal Europeans and North American's who simply roll your eyes and judge, judge, judge, remember the only reason we have a drug problem which is currently the root of many of the crimes being perpetrated. Is because of the consumption of narcotics in your countries of birth. So either give us the tools to help us win the so-called war on drugs, or get out of the way.

The root all the crimes is not drugs, it's poverty, greed and growing up in harsh surroundings. Drugs definitely contribute to the crimes but it's not the root.

Last edited:
Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ