Globe and Mail Nov. 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What a mess!

They even threatened to sue DR1 at one point for the posts on the board.

Didn't the brother not mentioned in the article own a chunk of land in the east coast?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
It is an interesting article, full of misleading info, half stated facts and other facts completely missing. The blame and counter blaming is unbelievable.

I feel for the people who have been ripped off. I feel for the employees left holding the bag. And I feel nothing but contempt for the "players".

It is an interesting article, full of misleading info, half stated facts and other facts completely missing. The blame and counter blaming is unbelievable.

I feel for the people who have been ripped off. I feel for the employees left holding the bag. And I feel nothing but contempt for the "players".

We likely will never know the whole truth and nothing but the truth

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Agreed Hlywud it is such a convoluted mess. and that was created on purpose from day one to avoid tax, hide assets and defraud investors - IMHO

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And you know? It was a really nice, well run place for a time....stayed there and we enjoyed it!

HB

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
From the outside it was a well run HOTEL. It was behind the scenes and for investors that it was a nightmare. They had a very hard time keeping staff, had to pay more then average, constant issues with investors - customer service staff always feeling the brunt of it.

Contrary to the article they were selling timeshare, fractional ownership and selling shares of various companies well before Catledge and his group got involved. They had a whole division that did timeshare and "real estate" sales.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Here's someone who appeared to get away scot free:

A certain American who used to run a family Mexican restaurant in Sosua and now has a Mexican restaurant elsewhere on the North Coast. He ran the phony timeshare operation (his version was called Passports), collected millions, and has never been named in any of these proceedings.

I don't get it.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
As I understand it he was simply a sales outlet and earned commissions, he was an employee. He did not make the contracts, her ran a sales room.Maybe that is why he is not named?

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
that was quite the interesting read.

i notice sun village is still advertised here on dr1???

has someone new opened it? the article made it sound as if the place was sitting empty and shut down.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
the Sun Village property was bought at auction by Globalia, they have renovated and are reopening apparently Dec 15th.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The link is cached on GOOGLE!
It needs to be redirected, or sell them an ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.