Dear Doctor Badpiece...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
A woman I know made a comment that went along these lines-

"Men are so used to dealing with whores that when they meet a real woman they can't handle it".

I can see this comment pertaining to the DR. There is, I believe, a remarkable difference between dating in the states and dating in the DR, and you don't necessarily have to be dating a whore to tell. In fact, I don't think this even applies, because I believe most women who know about the DR think Dominican women on the island are all whores because the perception is they "give it up" way too easily.

Most men I know who travel to the DR would rather date Dominican women from the island as opposed to any other type stateside.

There's the perception, and there's the reality. The truth may lie somewhere in between. I would like to know from the good Dr. Badpiece (and anyone else) if there is any truth in either of the statements highlighted above.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

"Men are so used to dealing with whores that when they meet a real woman they can't handle it".

I can see this comment pertaining to the DR. There is, I believe, a remarkable difference between dating in the states and dating in the DR, and you don't necessarily have to be dating a whore to tell. In fact, I don't think this even applies, because I believe most women who know about the DR think Dominican women on the island are all whores because the perception is they "give it up" way too easily.

Most men I know who travel to the DR would rather date Dominican women from the island as opposed to any other type stateside.
Because they're so much easier to get into the sack!!!

There's the perception, and there's the reality. I would like to know from the good Dr. Badpiece (and anyone else) if there is any truth in either of the statements highlighted above.
I had it for awhile seeing so many whores in the DR that I started to look at any Dominican woman as being one and therefore loosing all the respect I had for women. I had to change that

Reactions: Eddy

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
#1. Men like whores
#2. Men like whores (disclaimer not all Dominican women are whores but that is what most men look for in the DR)

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
When someone says men "can't handle" real women, there is an implication that relationships are suppose to be difficult.

Maybe it should say men aren't willing to put the time,energy and work into a real relationship, rather then a "relationship" with a whore.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
When someone says men "can't handle" real women, there is an implication that relationships are suppose to be difficult.

I believe when the woman said this, she meant men cannot handle intelligent, strong-minded, independent women after getting used to dealing with mostly "whores".

But Peter, yours is an excellent observation. I never thought of it like that.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Just one little question ... couldn't the same things be said about the WOMEN who travel to the DR, and develop a preference for "sankies"? After all, women are now the majority of tourists coming to the DR!! ;)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just one little question ... couldn't the same things be said about the WOMEN who travel to the DR, and develop a preference for "sankies"? After all, women are now the majority of tourists coming to the DR!! ;)

Are they really? I didn't know that. I guess they don't come and post on DR1 as often as the single guys who do.

I have this image in my head of planeloads of men landing in POP from around the world, all heading for Sosua and/or AIs on the north coast.

Quite the opposite of the flights to SDQ from NY and Philly - there are so few on the planes who are not Dominican that they can usually be counted on one hand. Actually, in the 'old days' of the 70s, 80s and 90s, I saw more Americans on the planes than I have in the past 10-15 years.

I'm wondering....... when did Sankies first surface?? They weren't around when I was single (back in the Dark Ages).

AE

There's the perception, and there's the reality. The truth may lie somewhere in between. I would like to know from the good Dr. Badpiece (and anyone else) if there is any truth in either of the statements highlighted above.

In my opinion women in the United States and other countries like Canada and the UK think that dating is a competition and hold onto "IT" like it is a prize to be won. They have an internal calculator in their head and when you ring up enough points they will give it up. In my Opinion these women are actually more whores than a woman who gives it up because she likes you and enjoys some sexual contact.

Now if we are talking about dating Dominican women on the island as opposed to banging pay for play hookers there is no comparision, I will take a woman from the island everytime. They treat their man like a man and they act like a lady at all times, unlike in other countries where women want to be treated as an equal in all facets of life, which is just not normal. Men are men and women are women, And in DR women dont have any of the hangups that women in other countries have.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Are they really? I didn't know that. I guess they don't come and post on DR1 as often as the single guys who do.

I have this image in my head of planeloads of men landing in POP from around the world, all heading for Sosua and/or AIs on the north coast.

Quite the opposite of the flights to SDQ from NY and Philly - there are so few on the planes who are not Dominican that they can usually be counted on one hand. Actually, in the 'old days' of the 70s, 80s and 90s, I saw more Americans on the planes than I have in the past 10-15 years.

I'm wondering....... when did Sankies first surface?? They weren't around when I was single (back in the Dark Ages).

AE

Here is one source on women tourists ...

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Maybe it should say men aren't willing to put the time,energy and work into a real relationship, rather then a "relationship" with a whore.

But a "real relationship" shouldnt always be about analyzing its merits, dissection of its internal and improving(or constant remediation of) its perceived blemishes. To wit, I submit the example of the dude who has to make notes of every good time he has to the point of not even understanding what it is to have a good time. Fun becomes a chore, and then it is no longer fun.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Major you are mistaken, we men bang hookers, these women find Diamonds in the rough, Good quality men from good stock. :)

Yeah ... my bad!! We men are making those bad choices, and maybe that's why we have to go through so many ... to find the good ones ... the real keeper.

Meanwhile women are finding "Mr. Right" in the DR, and living happily ever after ... ;)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Interesting - but it says that most of them are YOUNG. Kind of shoots holes in the notion that they're over-the-hill, middle-age, dumpy women that many posters here characterize female tourists to DR are.

Seriously though, I know a lot of my daughter's 20-something girlfriends have been to DR, all of them to AIs in Punta Cana/Bavaro. Some with their boyfriends, some with girlfriends.

I also know a woman who's in her 50s who goes there all the time. I can only imagine how she spends her time there. When our daughter got married, she begged to be invited to the wedding so she could dance with Dominican men who might be there [her son was in the wedding party]. She dragged them all out on the dance floor. My husband managed to avoid her all night, and considered that a great accomplishment, haha!

AE

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I believe when the woman said this, she meant men cannot handle intelligent, strong-minded, independent women after getting used to dealing with mostly "whores".

But Peter, yours is an excellent observation. I never thought of it like that.

But your lady friend who says this is making an egocentrically subjective statement. She assumes she is more intelligent than said whore. She may know what she knows but who is to say that that knowledge is of interest to you? I know MANY female lawyers in the US and DR and they are all BORING. Strong minded(I guess that means obstinate and unwilling to compromise) and independent? Well that means to me: a. we will always be getting into arguments about what to do; and b. one of use wants to be the boss AND not concede to the others point. She wants to wear the pants. Well most men and I do mean MOST MEN will take the position that if she wants to wear the pants she doesnt need me to be in the house. Its a contest that she will always win. A relationship cannot be where I work one pant leg and she does the other and somehow by the "Love of Cronkite(?)" we will end up at the same destination.

In the DR, it is comfortably accepted that the man will be wear the pants and his decisions are those that the couple will take. That is ideologically anathema to your USA bred-Destiny's Child woman. And therefore she will look down on any woman who holds to this philosophy, even Dominican women raised in the US or transplanted there sometime during their formative years.

Last edited:

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Interesting - but it says that most of them are YOUNG. Kind of shoots holes in the notion that they're over-the-hill, middle-age, dumpy women that many posters here characterize female tourists to DR are.

AE

True, and a LOT of the GUYS that come to the DR are also YOUNG ... (thogh some of us just "mentally" young) ;););)

Last edited:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I think women in the US became too independent and too equal to men in the way they think and behave. It has destroyed a lot of romantic relationships, unfortunately. I think women should still keep their feminine side while being strong and independent.