Los Corales Safey

nauticalm

Sep 4, 2006
We are a couple in our late forties from Canada, and we have rented a Condo in Turquesa ffom the middle of Dewcember to the middle of Jan. We would like to know if we are safe to walk around this area as we really are wanting to get out and meet lots of people and have some fun. We are looking at suggestions on things to do, and places to eat as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have visited the PC area about 16 times in the past, but it has always been in a Resort, so we are really looking forward to the off resort experience. I would like to say hi to Mike Fisher who I have met at Steve's Corner Bar for the Canadian meet and greet.

Suez02

Jul 8, 2009
I think its a great area. Very safe. You can easily walk from Turquesa in to Los Corales for dinner at the Pizzeria or Belicana. Or you can walk to the Dorado plaza for the gym or bakery, supermarket, eateries, etc. There is also a colmado right across the street - nice people and very convenient. You can walk right down the main street into Cortecito passing a decent fruit/veggie market. Gladys on the corner is fine for a beer. Will you have a car? If not, you can take a motoconch to Palma Real or even up to Plaza Brisas for a change of pace. I think you will like the area - great beach and convenient location for a relaxing vacation.

nauticalm

Sep 4, 2006
thanks for the great information. We have no car, but we plan on taking the bus quite often. Anything else you can think of would be great, and thanks again.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
thanks for the great information. We have no car, but we plan on taking the bus quite often. Anything else you can think of would be great, and thanks again.

I thinks it's very safe there and you can walk at any time - I spent some time in October in that area (stanza mar complex in las corales). I feel this is a place where you'd want to rent a car though, if you want to move around a little and some restaurants are certainly not within a walking distance. Send me a PM with email and I can forward you some pdfs with detailed info on that area.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
It's very safe here. I am from Canada also and own a condo in El Dorado.
We are here often, I have walked all over this area , alone, and feel completely safe. You have so much close by, its very convenient.

d3ratch

Apr 3, 2004
Los Corales

miloskorac

where is the best and closest bakery in Los Corales? in your opinion?

I will also be staying in Los Corales for 1 month this coming winter.

I know the area quite well... Balicana is first on my list for dinner. The food is delicious and always served hot.

btw
miloskorac

Hope I bump into to you while in Los corales. Maybe Mike Fisher can point you out. Tx for your help.

Robby

You are back in the punta cana? again? lol Good for you.

You are never to hot? right? LOL

Rachel

Last edited:

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Hi Rachel
Yes Im here and not wanting to go back to Canada to the cold and BS, Im so comfortable here, its like home.
The bakery here is pretty good if your looking for fresh items. Unfortunately is seems like I have to shop at 2-3 supermarkets to get everything i want, I have heard this from several people. If you have a car its easy. the motoconcho guys out the front of the bakery are pretty good too if u need cheapee transport.
Balicana is wonderful.
I like the heat just fine;)
Roberta

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
What happened to Jesus Que Tapas? Its been closed since i got here but it still looks like its ready for business. When i was here in August the owner said he wanted to move back to Spain. Is it for sale? or just a leave of abscence:cheeky:

d3ratch

Apr 3, 2004
Thank you all for the bakery info.

Roberta,

I don't blame you for being comfy there.... It sure is not that comfy here right now lol, -21.

Hope you are still in the area in Feb.

I guess shopping for food there is like here at home, well for me anyway. I often have to shop at 2 or 3 places to get my fav stuff.

Cheers from the snowy North!!