Sam's Bar Grand Opening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
"Sam's Bar, at long last, the eagerly awaited and long anticipated Grand Opening for 'BillyBobRay' the owners of Sam's Bar @ Hotel Castilla on Friday 3d December 2010, 6 p.m.-(ish). Free Buffet, All Welcome" Ray 829-426-0201 or Bobby 829-246-7525 (in Puerto Plata!)

cielita

Apr 3, 2009
Hi, The telephone numbers both have a code 829, not 809. Are these toll-free numbers?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, Puerto Plata. Near the Metro station if memory serves. Down from the park, perhaps down the street the Banco Popular is on??? I am sure that someone from POP can give you better directions.

If I am not way off base, this is the place that used to be owned by a guy named Rudy...who was a friend of an English guy who ended up dead in a chopper crash??? Rudy had a great cook who made the best hambergers in the DR at one time. I can remember driving from Santiago to have them on a lark...no kidding...

He was, perhaps, a shady character of that period, and honestly, I have not been there in a decade or so...

HB

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Sam's is located in POP, about a block from Central Park, almost next to Centro Medical Brugal. It was owned for many years by a nice lady named Joanne (early 2000's until 4/2010). She passed away last April. She was a fixture sitting at the bar. She welcomed all (especially those from her native Pennsylvania). She was always first to lend a hand, including a room, meal or job, to any gringo dowm on his luck.
See: http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/102117-sad-news-sams-bar-puerto-plata.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.