Paintball Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
There was a thread or two about paintball coming to Cabarete, but the threads seem to have "been disappeared".

I rode out to Playa Encuentro today & well, I'll just say I was extremely disappointed by what I saw. Whereas along the beach there used to be a natural setting with a few surf school shacks amongst the trees... now there's across the road from the surf school's a big ugly tall fence/screen with large blue artificial bags to provide 'cover'(?) to hide behind while playing.

I'm all for someone trying to provide additional entertainment around Cabarete... but good lord did they choose a horrible location for what is by necessity a pretty tacky & ugly setup. A shame, as it cheapens Playa Encuentro considerably to put something so artificial in a place that was largely one of nature.

Reactions: woofsback

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yeah well, I believe the guy doing all the raving about how great it was ....was the guy who's opening it. Tsk, tsk.

AE

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Paintball is not exactly....

the kind of activity that lends itself to smooth integration into natural environments. When I first saw the discussion of this new "attraction" I thought that it seemed an odd choice.

If it could all be camouflaged....

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I live on Encuentro and when I asked the guy putting it up he said it's for 'los Ninos' and it coincided with the surf competition this week so I guess it's a passing fancy to keep the kids happy while the Big Boys (and Gals) master the waves.

stan29

Jan 10, 2011
paintball

hey im new to this site, but im looking for some answers and advice in reference to getting a new and nice paintball field in dominican republic and i would like for some tips on what do i need to start this business.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.