Hotel Celuisma Cabarete updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevswick

Jan 23, 2006
Has anyone heard anything about this hotel since the recent renovations?
I understand they're adult only now.
Would love to hear from someone who has been there recently.

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
Yes - it is adult only now. It means you can bring a chica with you (before it was not possible) but you have to register her. And also - they can reject if they will consider "the chica" is not reliable .... no comments on that :ermm:

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
It is actually reopening as an Adult only resort - meaning you need to be over 18. It does not mean it is guest friendly! VERY different.

Celtic Queen

Jun 19, 2010
Apparently the renovations were quite extensive, and yes, it did re-open just last month. There is a current review of the facility posted on Trip Advisor from people who just returned. I've stayed at this resort many many times (just not since the renovations). If I can help, PM me.

kevswick

Jan 23, 2006
also - they can reject if they will consider "the chica" is not reliable .... no comments on that

Sounds to me like it is catering to the sex-tourist trade!

Last edited:

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
ANY resort lets chickas in, you just have to pay for them to come in......poor assumption kevswick

Celtic Queen

Jun 19, 2010
This hotel allowed them before, not sure why that would change with their renovations. As an "Adults Only" hotel upon reopening, I thought that meant that they had phased out their childrens programming. I could be wrong. But can let you know, we're staying there again this trip, we get there Thursday.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
If they did it before they may or may not do it now. Renovations are a good excuse to upgrade not only the physical settings but also the rules. Not saying they did or did not change the rules.

Adult only simply means adults can go on vacation and not deal with a bunch of kids - sometimes screaming whining brats and sometimes really well behaved but nonetheless kids!

Celtic Queen

Jun 19, 2010
Hey guys, I?m still here in Cabarete, but finally got some time to sneak in a quick computer visit! The renovations to this hotel were not so significant that I didn?t recognize the place or anything! There is a new a la carte restaurant, a new gym, a new roof on the buffet dining room. There is a new massage parlour. Some aesthetic things like billowy curtains around sun beds and fresh paint, and the like. The biggest change has been the rooms (and these upgrades continue room block by room block). Fortunately the things that were great about this hotel in the past, continue to be great! The staff is amazing, the groundskeeping meticulous, the food terrific, the entertainment second to none...all of the reasons we use this as a home base whenever we return.

As far as the ?no kids? thing goes...it?s actually false. Kids have and are staying here. I heard through the grapevine that this ?adults only? thing is not a hotel standard but a tour operator standard. For more info on that, pm me.

So, do I recommend this place? Yes. BUT, if you?re looking for 5 star standards, at 2 or 3 star prices, don?t blame me if it doesn?t meet your standards!! I love that it?s clean, comfortable, and for us, centrally located. Enjoy!

kevswick

Jan 23, 2006
Thanks C.Q.! I've been waiting with baited breath for some type of report back from you! And to do it while you are still there is very FANTASTIC of you! Please send me a pm about the adult thing, you've got me quite curious now.:nervous:
We'll be there next week.
Thank you again for your generous update!

Status
Not open for further replies.