Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Sosua mayor breaks ground on oceanfront park...

  1. #1
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Sosua mayor breaks ground on oceanfront park...

    As another step in her attempt to revitalize Sosua as a tourist destination, the mayor has broken ground on an oceanfront park in El Batey. The park will be dedicated to the 600 Jews who arrived in Sosua at the start of WWII.

    The park will include a landscaped viewing area where one can see Mt Isabel de Torres, plexiglass railing, parking, restaurant and a stairway down to the beach. The mayor, Juan Perdomo, and a representative spoke during the ceremony. Completion is slated for first quarter 2011.






    sacandomelao: Alcaldesa Sos˙a da primer picazo parque

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    yes, i want to see that!! NOT...

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    so the hookers have a new place to meet with their clients. great idea.

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy_089 View Post
    so the hookers have a new place to meet with their clients. great idea.
    Very constructive input, thanks!
    The land right now is just a parking lot, I hope the Chicken Cordon Bleau guy gets a new spot.

  5. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    it's a nice spot with great view... but sitting there right now in or on your car gets old fast. but with a few trees for shade, the benches as shown... could become a nice place to stroll to watch the beach during the day or sunset in the evening.

  6. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fix the hole besides Harrison's first....do something about the building across the street from Harrison's second. It's going to take them a while to revitalize this S***hole of a town. I would still like to know where all these tourists are going to come from and why they will come to Sosua over the other locations in the DR or other islands available to them.

  7. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    The land right now is just a parking lot, I hope the Chicken Cordon Bleau guy gets a new spot.
    Tambo, where is this?

  8. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken2 View Post
    Tambo, where is this?
    The parking lot to the left of the Waterfront restaurant, you need to leave La Puntilla once in a while Ken!

    Gee, what a coincidence Juan Perdomo is involved, wasn't there talk of a Perdomo development of The Waterfront condos, what ever happened to that project?

    I can't wait to see who is going to develop the "Big Dig" across from the Shark Bar, maybe they will rebuild Marinaros and bring Sosua back to its original luster?

  9. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,658
    Post Thanks / Like

  10. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    The parking lot to the left of the Waterfront restaurant, you need to leave La Puntilla once in a while Ken!

    Gee, what a coincidence Juan Perdomo is involved, wasn't there talk of a Perdomo development of The Waterfront condos, what ever happened to that project?

    I can't wait to see who is going to develop the "Big Dig" across from the Shark Bar, maybe they will rebuild Marinaros and bring Sosua back to its original luster?
    I know that parking lot and have walked there many times. Just wasn't sure which parking lot was being discussed.

    Re Perdomo, the parking lot is in front of a Perdomo condo project and I believe he is building another behind it. I don't know who owns the land, but if it isn't Perdomo and he can't build on it, I am sure he thinks putting a city park there is the best possible use of that land.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •