Does Google think the DR is part of Africa?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
My default homepage is google news in English and when I open it up there is apparently a news feature regarding Santiago on the right side. However, all I see is news about Africa or other LA countries? Here is a screen shot:

8y8d51.jpg

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Hey chip, it should be that the editor of the news made a mistake.
Last time I was in Santiago I though the plane landed in Africa by accident so many Haitians I saw on the streets.:cheeky:

JJ

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Well we do look like some parts of Africa. When you see some pics of The DR you could easily think that's some place in Africa. Good thing we have people like you now moving to "Mejorar la raza" as Trujillo would have said.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Well we do look like some parts of Africa. When you see some pics of The DR you could easily think that's some place in Africa. Good thing we have people like you now moving to "Mejorar la raza" as Trujillo would have said.

What I your talking about? I came here so that a Dominican could "mejorar" my race. :)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
My point is does Google just lump all of us "third world" countries together like so many Americans do? Heck, even my own family does it. It's such a shame because there are good and bad places in every country on the globe.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Or maybe ther isnt enough news of interest to fill that column. So they put it all in the "World Music aisle".

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

sqnlzm.gif

Perhaps they mis-took you as Dominican with African traits ?

2eejwiq.gif

D in the Dark!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
that reminds me when i wanted to buy a calling card in london. i went to this small indian newsagent in whitechapel and say: "can i have a card to call eastern europe?"
and the dude says: ""you wanna call algeria?"
:)

E

engineerfg

Chip - get firefox or chrome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This is a great country and it isn't the citizens fault that they don't have access to a decent education.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I disagree -
Nobody is going to give it to them it - they have to take it.

4% on education
Get yer yellow strides on!!!!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I disagree -
Nobody is going to give it to them it - they have to take it.

4% on education
Get yer yellow strides on!!!!

By the same token you could blame the common Haitian for the predicament they're in. Unfortunately this is just not the case. Both the DR and Haiti are lacking in many areas because their politicians care little about their fellow man.

Reactions: Africaida

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
If you ask this average Dominican to point out any country on a world map, I would be 99.9 percent correct. Education is?nt lacking in my neighborhood, or sicial class. And yes I am wearing a yellow polo-shirt today.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is a great country and it isn't the citizens fault that they don't have access to a decent education.
You're so right, Chip.

How can Dominicans compete with this:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lj3iNxZ8Dww?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lj3iNxZ8Dww?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

From the question all the way to the answer, speechless!

What are we going to do with those evil politicians... :cheeky:

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Berzin, the movie The good shepherd with Matt Damon and Deniro was supposed to filmed some parts in Africa, but I think it looks like good old D.R.