One way tickets, beware!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
On my flight (Continental) from Newark to Santo Domingo yesterday, I was asked about my status in the DR. When I went to check in, the counter girl asked to see my residency card, a first in many flights over the years to the DR. She told me they check all one-ways or returns originating from the DR. That has not been the case in the past, so I'm guessing they have had some issues.

Reactions: mike l

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
They have always demanded a round trip ticket from Americans..........
10+ years ago I flew from Miami to POP with my wife on American. I had no problems because of residency but my wife had to buy a return ticket. No big deal, we went to AI's office in Santiago and they reembursed it right away.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Were you wearing your wig?

Nothing suspicious about your appearance.... according to you ?

Fly zipped up, etc

WW

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The rules and regulations change almost daily depending on the alert level.

Green..means we had Organic Salad Greens in Sosua and need More!

Yellow...means bring those lemons to me.

Orange means the tangerines are ripe now in the DR !

Red means the tomatoe crop is soon to be harvested !

This is important to know when discussing the levels of security!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
On my flight (Continental) from Newark to Santo Domingo yesterday, I was asked about my status in the DR. When I went to check in, the counter girl asked to see my residency card, a first in many flights over the years to the DR. She told me they check all one-ways or returns originating from the DR. That has not been the case in the past, so I'm guessing they have had some issues.

Maybe someone in the D.R. got an anonymous tip that "The British are Coming"

One if by land, two if by sea, and three if by air!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

you could always tell them you are going to take the ferry to PR and "case closed", same thing happened to me.

2wfveab.gif

The "Ferry" has been out of business for many months now.

D in Santiago

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe he meant the Portorican Fairy??? They do have a Navy you know!!

I have been asked for residence ID on American but never (yet) on Spirit. Makes sense, since someone running might not want the return portion...

HB

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008

I think the girl at the ticket counter was a ask Badpiece fan, and she was just giving Robert a hard time for axing the Doctor..

Reactions: AlterEgo

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think the girl at the ticket counter was a ask Badpiece fan, and she was just giving Robert a hard time for axing the Doctor..

Wrong !....He should have been upgraded to first for axing that Badpiece thing.
Think about..... Bad is part of the word:chinese:

Thats probably the only reason they let him on the plane without the wig:cheeky: