so ....what do we think ? lol

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
dominican-york si, dominican no, and i know a hundred non-dominican young females in the NYC area who sound the same.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
About 7 out of 10 - especially for sustaining it for so long. Her pronunciation of the Spanish words was impressive too.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I always wondered where oprahs audience came from - you have to learn all the right moves before going on the show I think -yes I would say more american than specifically dominican-american

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
She does a great job imitating a Dominican girl from Washington Heights or the Bronx - it's eerie........

Don't see why they ask if it's controversial. It is what it is.

AE
Disclaimer: not ALL Dominican girls from WH or the Bronx talk like that

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Funny, funny stuff! I grew up in Washington Heights and knew girls in my building just like her character.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
She does a great job imitating a Dominican girl from Washington Heights or the Bronx - it's eerie........

Don't see why they ask if it's controversial. It is what it is.

AE
Disclaimer: not ALL Dominican girls from WH or the Bronx talk like that

I agree with you. The imitation is Spot ON !!! She does it very well (I know PR girls who sound exactly like that too).
And, I am stealing your disclaimer too ;)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I always wondered where oprahs audience came from - you have to learn all the right moves before going on the show I think -yes I would say more american than specifically dominican-american

It is to YOU because you are British. It would be similar for me, British all sound the same although I am sure you, being from there, can probably distinguish what part of the country they are from and even what social class they might come from.

Last edited: