Guaguas between La Romana and Punta Cana?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes, they go through Higuey to Bavaro, not sure about direct to Punta Cana. Where do you need to go?

Slick James

Mar 11, 2010
Thanks for the info....it's looking like I'll need to get from Hotel Bayahibe to the Punta Cana airport. From what I hear it shouldn't be too tough to get a cab the rest of the way from Bavaro, assuming the guagua doesn't go all the way?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Thanks for the info....it's looking like I'll need to get from Hotel Bayahibe to the Punta Cana airport. From what I hear it shouldn't be too tough to get a cab the rest of the way from Bavaro, assuming the guagua doesn't go all the way?

Actually there are ones that go to Veron, which is closer to the airport than Bavaro, in fact some pass through Veron on the way to Bavaro so you can get off and catch a cab.

travel1000

Jan 31, 2007
you have to change bus in higuey. from there, you can take bus direct to airport. first bus is big bus and second one is small bus ( guagua ). the cost is 75+110 peso. you need to speak basic spanish or have experience to take guagua.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
take the Bus from bayahibe to Higuey, they drop You off at the Parada/Station for the Punta Cana Busses.
here You have the choice between 3 Lines
* Cabeza de Toro
* Bavaro
* Punta Cana

the Punta Cana Line will drop You off at the entrance of the Punta Cana Airport, they depart from Higuey all day long every 30 minutes.
no Spanish needed at all to use those Guagua Services, in bayahibe you just have to ask about Higuey to sit on the Right Bus, and at the Terminal in Higuey You tell the Staff "Punta Cana Airport", they will point you out which one of the 3 is Yours.
when arriving in Higuey on the Bus from Bayahibe you let the Driver know you want to go to "Punta Cana", so they drop you off at the appropriate station.
they are used to such travellers, nothing out of the ordinary.

have Fun

Mike

Slick James

Mar 11, 2010
Thanks for the detailed info everybody, a huge help.....I?m fluent and well-versed in the use of guaguas, just haven't been to that part of the country yet.
I can't wait!