boats off Bavaro?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Do these fishing boats (and other types) anchored offshore from Bavaro have to pay any docking fees. They aren't actually docked, just anchored, but I expect pretty much permanently. So if so is anyone able to pop up and anchor off the beach for any length of time they wish, if not, what are the fees, how does it work?

If different from other areas of the country, how?

Cheers!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
coming inshore with a boat from an other Area or even other Country You have to present Yourself and the Boatpapers at the next Headstation of the Marina, If You plan to come over on a Boat from an other Dominican Based port You need first get the "Moving" Papers from the Marine Station there and then present those at the Headststaion here on the East. Port fees are the same all around the Island,to get a Save Ankerspot with enough Cement in the Ground and good Chains on to keep a Vessel savely ankered You have to negociate such spot with the Locals at each Bay, for example here at My Place in Cabeza de Toro the "Owner" of all Cemnet Blocks in the Water is the Father of My 1st skipper, they are all here for some Dorado-Fest tomorrow, ha ha. it's never a problem to get a anker spot in cabeza de Toro during the winter months, plenty available, they just fill up during Billfish Season spring til end summer.
also the Headstation for the Port Authorities of the East is here in Cabeza de Toro.
as a Skipper YOu should know that You have to Inform the Authorities about Your arrival, they will check Your Boat upon arrival for Drugs, Firearms and Safety Equipment and the Persons on Board for their Legal Papers/Cedulas, bring copies of the Boats Matricula and Navegation Certificate, they will keep them at the office.
each Time You want to leave Port, far or just for fishing nearby doesn't matter, You need to get Your Permit for that Day first. Captain and Mate need to leave a copy of their cedulas at the Portoffice.
as for somebody not familiar with the Eastcoast in case of Boats I would recommend to anker/dock only at one of the following 3 Areas:
* Cap Cana Marina, that's a Full Dock Facility/Marina
* Punta Cana Marina, the same a Full Marina
* Cabeza de Toro, Boats are ankered, not docked, Fuel Station is available, the Bay is safe in case of Boat Thefts due the Marina's/Coast Guards and the Narcotics Headquarters for the Eastshores all stationed here

other Areas such as over in Bavaro/Jellyfish/Cortecito I would not recommend for a Newbie on Eastern Waters, there much too often Boats get missing or broken in, and the safety of available Ankerspots is far below the acceptable point.
over in bavaro You would also need a Local Skipper from the Area, the Passages to drive in and out and along the Beaches have their tricky and very shallow stretchy points, Skippers not familiar with the Locations get Bottom Rocked Quiet often there.
are ya talking a Boat or more a Dingy Thingy?
what size you wanna bring over?

Mike

Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It's not me. My dads a bit of an old retired sailor and they are coming over for a while. I'm going to try and dangle a few carrots infront of him to get him to buy a boat, obviously leave it with us while they go back to the UK. But it would be a good reason for them to visit more often, and I'm sure we could put it to good use while ythey werent here, lol. I was wondering on the anchoring costs etc, anything I can throw at him to get him hooked, maybe!!
Purely for his and mums benefits, lol;)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
also consider the need to live near the Water/Ankerarea, when You have a Boat in the water, a Boat needs His Daily check, so such should influence Your Appartment Search we discussed before.
there are so many reasons why the Automatic Pumps on a Boat may not work Properly/do not have electricity etc etc, a Boat needs to be checked every Day even when not used, to stay afloat, specially during the Rainy Times.
in case you talk a smaller vessel that can be brought in and taken out with it's small Trailer by a 4x4, here the Living distance to the Water would not be that important, the small Bayliners etc are easy to handle.
it all depends on Size and Usage for a Boat.
a Bigger Vessel manned by a Local Crew from Town would have it's permanent Checks automatically.

Mike