Just got back from Santo Domingo

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Just got back from my 4th trip to Santo Domingo in a little over a year. This was the best time ever... Repeat vacations are good because you're able to have friends to go back to, plus you know what you want to do. Was all over the capital. I ran into this restuarant called El Conuco, it was a great surprise. A friend suggested we go to Samana to go whale watching so we did that.

Was going to go to Juan Dolio on Sunday but we were pressed for time so ended up going to Boca Chica. Had a great time there as well, weather was great. Getting to Boca Chica by gua gua was for sure an unforgettable experience, especially when your sitting next to a chicken the whole trip! Thanks for everyone's helpful advice, I'll probably be back in March.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Hey Shawn-- You should definitely see a little more of the island !!:)
Come to Las Terrenas in March for the best beaches, restaurants and bars... Send me a PM for info on our rental house-- I think we still have one available week in March...
Susan

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Just got back from my 4th trip to Santo Domingo in a little over a year. This was the best time ever... Repeat vacations are good because you're able to have friends to go back to, plus you know what you want to do. Was all over the capital. I ran into this restuarant called El Conuco, it was a great surprise. A friend suggested we go to Samana to go whale watching so we did that.

Was going to go to Juan Dolio on Sunday but we were pressed for time so ended up going to Boca Chica. Had a great time there as well, weather was great. Getting to Boca Chica by gua gua was for sure an unforgettable experience, especially when your sitting next to a chicken the whole trip! Thanks for everyone's helpful advice, I'll probably be back in March.
Is this the same shawn27 as the previous BC basher? The same shawn27 who was above riding a guagua? If so, my have you changed for the better.

Reactions: rice&beans

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Is this the same shawn27 as the previous BC basher? The same shawn27 who was above riding a guagua? If so, my have you changed for the better.

Well I did ride in a beat up Isuzu gua gua around the city, but I took the nicer gua gua to get to boca chica. It was exactly how you described it in pictures. I'm very humble when I go to DR. Boca Chica's not so bad, as long as you don't walk around the town. We stayed close to the beach.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Would one arrive at Las Americas to go to Las Terrenas?

Yes--you fly to SDQ and then it's a super-easy drive up the new highway--

And I also "bashed" Boca Chica in an earlier post because the beach is now trashy, crowded, you can only walk maybe a mile and the western "view" is an ugly industrial area...not the pretty beach I remember from 20 years ago....

Reactions: waytogo