you lefties like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
the title of your post is nothing but political baiting. did you "righties" leap for joy during the US backed coup attempt in 2002?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Informed "lefties" can see through Chavez's rhetoric. Can we even define people as "left" and "right" any more these days?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Informed "lefties" can see through Chavez's rhetoric. Can we even define people as "left" and "right" any more these days?

Informed lefties, an oxymoron if there ever was one. The DR government, present and past, have been a blend of left and right, but mainly just thieves that are in in for themselves, Populists would describe them better. Chavez, let's just say, is very dangerous for the instability he causes through Latin American, not just for the misery he inflicts on his own country. I'm fearful for the Jewish population in Venezuela.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Informed lefties, an oxymoron if there ever was one. The DR government, present and past, have been a blend of left and right, but mainly just thieves that are in in for themselves, Populists would describe them better. Chavez, let's just say, is very dangerous for the instability he causes through Latin American, not just for the misery he inflicts on his own country. I'm fearful for the Jewish population in Venezuela.

the "stability" that western powers have brought to SA too often comes with the price of bloody coups and authoritarian, oppressive regimes. not saying Chavez is any better but maybe they should be left alone to figure it out. i am sure the other countries (DR included) are aware of the risks in doing business with Chavez and their actions should reflect this. peace :squareeye

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Agree with everything in your post, apart from the first sentence. ;)

Well, I wouldn't expect you to agree with that statement. People don't have to be left or right. Good policy can come from either side and often does; it when people get caught up in the every right is bad, and every left is good, or vice-versa. Me personally don't agree with subsides on electricity, but support them on cooking gas. I agree with a school breakfast program and cheap rent, but prefer it to be a rent to buy type program. I believe nothing should be free, maybe cheap, but not free.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
the "stability" that western powers have brought to SA too often comes with the price of bloody coups and authoritarian, oppressive regimes. not saying Chavez is any better but maybe they should be left alone to figure it out. i am sure the other countries (DR included) are aware of the risks in doing business with Chavez and their actions should reflect this. peace :squareeye

Spoken like a true leftist pseudo humanitarian. We all know what Russia and China did to their populations.

Why do all these leftist conveniently ignore the fact that the purges from these two countries are the cause for more killing of innocent lives that all the "right wing" governements" combined in the 20th century?

Good grief, talk about sticking your head in the sand. Or if you guys are alright with genocide for the "betterment" of man at the very least don't be a hypocrite and talk about right wing "bloody coups", etc.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
To Quote Moe Lane: Marxism is intellectualism for stupid people; it tends to attract the sort who can?t understand that an economic system that cannot feed its own population reliably has failed at the game of Life. Literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.