Pig Roast in DR

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This morning I was going through some photos and came across these from a pig roast we had at our house in Playa Najayo.

My husband had taken a walk down the hill to the beach:
PigRoast005.jpg

He came back with a pig on a leash:
PigRoast001-1-1-1.jpg

Two guys showed up, killed the pig and prepared him. My mother-in-law seasoned it overnight. Same two guys showed up at the crack of dawn, built a pit, and spent the day taking turns rotating the pig over the fire.
PigRoast003.jpg

PigRoast002.jpg

PigRoast004.jpg

Hours later, it was ready for everyone to enjoy:
PigRoast006.jpg

AE

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It was absolutely delicious and everyone enjoyed it except our daughter - who refused to eat something cute that she had seen alive on a leash. Her loss. :cheeky:

AE

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
We have had lots of pig roasts on the beach near Cabarete but unfortunately El Rocon has now gone. This is the place we used to have them for about 50 people.

If I could post photos I would put up some of the Pig Roast Beach parties that some of the elite had!

But alas it is not possible for me to post pictures - such is DR1

Olly

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We have had lots of pig roasts on the beach near Cabarete but unfortunately El Rocon has now gone. This is the place we used to have them for about 50 people.

If I could post photos I would put up some of the Pig Roast Beach parties that some of the elite had!

But alas it is not possible for me to post pictures - such is DR1

Olly

Olly, anyone can post photos on DR1, just upload them to an online sharing sight [I use Photobucket] and then just copy the IMG file here.

AE

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Best Pig Roast for me, is on the Highway Sto Dgo - Santiago. By the road, there are super Pig Roasts.

5mz3oy.gif
"AND I THOUGHT THIS IS WHAT YOU MEANT WHEN YOU SAID YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE ME SMOKIN"............

B in Santiago and loving every minute