Villa del Mar (Los Nomadas)

faithy

Dec 18, 2010
Hi everybody,

Does anyone know anything about villa del mar in Los Nomadas? I am trying to find some reviews on the house, but can't seem to find any.

Thanks!

PeanutJB13

Feb 20, 2011
Hi, just curious if you ever found any reviews or received any feedback... I am wondering about Los Nomadas as well....

Thanks!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Los Nomados

Hi:

This area of Playa Bonita is very beautiful and usually the villas are very very nice. Playa Bonita is very quiet, sand and surf with some small resort hotels scattered along the main section of beach. It is located about 10 minutes outside of Las Terrenas and you will definitely need some type of vehicle, either and ATV or small SUV to drive back and forth to get supplies and see the area.

S

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Los Nomadas is in Playa Coson, not Playa Bonita...

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Los Nomadas is further on from Bonita, just around the point very nice place the sea can be a little rough.

Enjoy

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
Hi,

is this helpful for you?

I don?t have more infos, only saw these villas when walking by along the beach;-)

Saludos

victoria stiles

Aug 16, 2011
The rooms are clean and well presented with beautiful seaviews to the front. It is also situated out of the main area of Patong, so it is quiet at night. Dieter and the staff are very relaxed and friendly and the food in the restaurant is of a good standard.

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Playa Coson is very beautiful; however, it does have some drawbacks. 1. Very far from town, therefore you will need
transportation. 2. The beach is very treacherous, strong rip tides and many people have drowned there. 3. There has been several home invasions.

Just saying....

Juniper

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Playa Coson is very beautiful; however, it does have some drawbacks. 1. Very far from town, therefore you will need
transportation. 2. The beach is very treacherous, strong rip tides and many people have drowned there. 3. There has been several home invasions.

Just saying....

Juniper

Well said.

In a nustshell, if you have young children or don't have a car, not a good choice.

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
villa del mar

Asphalt from center town to the villa project. 5 minutes by car center town. 5 km distance.
The villa is inside a very safe gated community and there are no invasions of what so ever.

The beach is front of this gated community has no strong currents. Thats much more further down west.
Yes, several people drowned there, and not many. Like in every ocean or pool and not only here.

And for the children: In whatever sea, ocean, river, water or pool... NEVER LET THEM OUT OF YOUR EYES !!!

Facts:
Every day, about ten people die from unintentional drowning. Of these, two are children aged 14 or younger. Drowning is the sixth leading cause of unintentional injury death for people of all ages, and the second leading cause of death for children ages 1 to 14 years.
Alcohol Use. Alcohol use is involved in up to half of adolescent and adult deaths associated with water recreation and about one in five reported boating fatalities.9, 10 Alcohol influences balance, coordination, and judgment, and its effects are heightened by sun exposure and heat.

mooskey

Oct 24, 2011
The last comments from Juniper and Africaida are a bit intimidating :(

My family (actually my family and 2 other families) have booked a villa in Los Nomadas for early next year. 6 adults + 6 kids all six and under. We usually rent a villa in Mexico but thought that DR would be a nice change of pace. I used to go to the DR regularly when I was in my teens (back in the early 90's) and stayed at what was my parent's condo near Sosua. We picked Los Nomadas because we thought it would be safer (gated community) and secluded. Obviously with small kids we make sure we're never more than a foot away from them in any water (pool, beach) etc. The beach looked beautiful, and the villa looked even better.

We are renting a vehicle so we have access to Las Terrenas to get groceries at Supermercado Lindo. But certainly we hope there's places nearby Playa Coson we can walk to for lunch/snacks. Any advice on safety for Los Nomadas, as well as potential excursions (like whale watching), would be appreciated.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Didn't mean to intimidate you Mooskey, the beach in front of your complex seems to be calmer (Read Tony's post). I know the rougher part of playa Coson, hence my comment. I find Coson a little bit out the way as I am a single mom with 2 toddlers and no car, so I like everything at a walking distance from the center of town. Since you have a car, it shouldn't be an issue.

You will have a GREAT time in Las Terrenas and its surrounding, it is stunningly beautiful.

mooskey

Oct 24, 2011
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply Africaida. We're definitely really excited to get to DR and Playa Coson, so your words of encouragement are greatly appreciated. Like I said, I haven't been to DR in close to 20 years, so I'm really excited to go back.

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
Directly west touching Los Nomadas is a very good and very nice open style beachfront restuarant with a pool. Also perfect for kids. It is exactly at 300 meters from your villa. Safety is perfect. In Los Nomadas you will find the largest beachfront villas in Las Terrenas so do not worry. Tomorrow they will open the new highway from elcatey to las terrenas so everything is fully asphalted.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
6 adults + 6 kids, sun, beach, friendly people, presidente......

How could you NOT have a good time ? :)

Trust me, my 4 year old son always ask me when we're going back !!

mooskey

Oct 24, 2011
Hey Tony, thanks for the heads up. We'll be sure to be on the lookout for the beachfront restaurant you described above. It sounds great - is it Casa Coson? I also hear that restaurant Luis is around there on the beach and provides a great, fresh meal as well. We're flying into El Catey from Toronto, so it's also great to hear that the new highway will be ready...talk about perfect timing!

It's been close to 20 years since I had a presidente...or some Carta Dorada...my mouth is already watering just thinking about it.

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
the restaurant directly next to los nomadas is oceangrill. Little bit further after that going west is Luis. Its a local guy but very good food. Then another bit further is Casa Coson, also very good (french) food. And center town also very good french, spanish and italian restaurantas, all nect to the beach.
The road opens tomorrow!

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
Moosky, I just wanted you to know all the facts. If you are aware of everything I mentioned, then you can avoid it.
Hope you have a great time.

Juniper