Cabarete to PUJ.....5hr 40min

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
So I had to pick up a friend at PUJ the other day, and timed it to 5hr and 40 min.....could have been a little quicker, but 24 min to go through La Otra Banda didn't help, and Higuey was longer than usual.......roads in good condition

PUJ to Las Terrenas.... same day 5hr 10 min driving at night....didn't help that the signage for the new highway wasn't all that good, so I missed the turn....easy drive, and that road through the mountain at night was ok....

Las Terrenas to Cabarete....next day I figured I would hammerdown and did it in just over 2hrs with 2 beer stops and one pee break

Just some driving times I thought I would post for those who wanted to know

Reactions: badpiece33

kshon

Sep 16, 2010
which way did you go from sosua to puj? through mocha, or around puerta plata

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
which way did you go from sosua to puj? through mocha, or around puerta plata

Neither,I can tell you he took the new road by Nagua. That is the best way to go from Sosua to PUJ.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I had the cruise on at 60mph, so I wasnt in a rush, but if you want times, how about from the cruiza in Sabaneta de Yasika to jfk and chruchill in Santo Domingo in 2hr 6min....still wanna race....im all game as the new car corners much better than the old one

kshon

Sep 16, 2010
new road, meaning dr8? i'm planning a multiple stop trip starting in on feb 26 in sosua,then off to las terrenas for 1 day ,then off to boca chica and then off to punta cana.i've been looking at taking the new highway from las terrenas to boca chica ,but if i wanted to go from las terrenas to punta cana,whats the ideal way to drive. thanks

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Kshon,

New highway again to Punta Cana.
In fact once you turned off the new highway you are only 10 mins from Boca Chica. You will drive right past it then it is less than 3 hours to Punta Cana.

kshon

Sep 16, 2010
so thats 3 hours from sosua to the new highway,2hours on the new highway to boca chica ,and then 3 hours to punta cana. thats 8 hours. 5hours and 40 minutes what were you doing 100mph the whole way

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I drive this way all the time. Takes me 1 hour 40 minutes from Sosua to the new hwy. One hour and 10 minutes to the end of the new hwy. And 2 and a half hours to Bavaro, total time about 5 hours and twenty minutes, sometimes less, but not more. But to Punta Cana you would have to add some time as going through Veron takes longer than going to Macau.

I drive at a good speed though. Some on this board can attest to that.

new road, meaning dr8? i'm planning a multiple stop trip starting in on feb 26 in sosua,then off to las terrenas for 1 day ,then off to boca chica and then off to punta cana.i've been looking at taking the new highway from las terrenas to boca chica ,but if i wanted to go from las terrenas to punta cana,whats the ideal way to drive. thanks

If you go from Las Terrenas to Boca Chica or Punta Cana the new hwy is the way to go. Once your off the hwy in Capital you are 5 mins to the airport and 10 mins to Boca Chica,to goto Punta Cana just continue on past Boca Chica for a few hours.

I drive this way all the time. Takes me 1 hour 40 minutes from Sosua to the new hwy. One hour and 10 minutes to the end of the new hwy. And 2 and a half hours to Bavaro, total time about 5 hours and twenty minutes, sometimes less, but not more. But to Punta Cana you would have to add some time as going through Veron takes longer than going to Macau.

I drive at a good speed though. Some on this board can attest to that.

I can attest to that. Your times are right on except i usually do the new hwy in just under an hour. I really like to drive fast on that nice black top.