New to site, have a question ?

JuanGonzo19

Dec 23, 2010
Hola, I am new here.I live in the US, my name is Juan. I was born in Spain, my mother is from Spain and father is from Barbados. I speak Spanish and English fluently, but I prefer to speak Spanish.

I have lived in the US for over 20 years, but I am not Americanized at all, my Latin culture to me is more important.I don't like the American way of life, I will not date or marry a White or Black American, don't like them too much, my Latin people are everything to me.My whole life revolves around my culture...Music,Customs, etc.

I am 38 years old,single I work in Radio.I signed up a little while to DomnicanCupid.com, a great site. And I met a real nice girl from Santiago she is 18 years old, student and speaks very good Spanish.

We talk on the phone all the time and online. I am planning on going to go see her in a few months, she has told her family about me and they want to meet me.She is looking for serious relationship as I am.

I would consider myself to be an attractive man, people think all the time I am Puerto Rican, because I have so much mixture. In DR, people tell me I would be considered "Indio Claro".

So tell me what you guys think of this girl ?..And is it an advantage that speak Spanish ? Just please give some thoughtful insight and talk.

Muchas gracias,

Juan

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I married a Dominican women that I met while on a work trip to the DR. That being said unfortunately too many here make a business of getting married to either leave the country or take someone's money and break their heart. I would be suspicious the minute she starts asking for money for her sick family.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Lets see, latincupid.com. Home to barrio chicks and serious cueros but there is always a little chance of finding a tiny diamond if you dig 10 tons of dirt. You said you are 38 and she is only 18? in 2 yrs you could both enjoy the jose jose song "40 y 20".
Good luck. You are in for a ride.
AZB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I've met many, many hispanics with over 10 years and some with 20 plus in the US that still don't speak English well or at all.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I have lived in the US for over 20 years, but I am not Americanized at all, my Latin culture to me is more important.I don't like the American way of life, I will not date or marry a White or Black American, don't like them too much, my Latin people are everything to me.My whole life revolves around my culture...Music,Customs, etc.

Wouldn't you happier living in Latin America ?? Plus, it would save you the trouble of finding a chica online.

Just my 2 cents

JuanGonzo19

Dec 23, 2010
Hey AZB, I met her on Dominican Cupid, have you heard anything of that site ?....AZB in your experience for someone like me that is Hispanic and fluent in Spanish, what do you think I am looked at differently by women in DR than your typical American ?...I am asking you because I love reading your posts, your one of the reasons I singed up to this site.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I've met many, many hispanics with over 10 years and some with 20 plus in the US that still don't speak English well or at all.

My babysitter hubby is Dominican, has been here 15 years and does not speak English. Amazing !!

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Lets see, latincupid.com. Home to barrio chicks and serious cueros but there is always a little chance of finding a tiny diamond if you dig 10 tons of dirt. You said you are 38 and she is only 18? in 2 yrs you could both enjoy the jose jose song "40 y 20".
Good luck. You are in for a ride.
AZB

What he said.

You are so absorbed into the latin culture that you reverted to a website to meet a latina woman? Serious relationship to an 18 year old woman is to meet a "wealthy" man like you so she doesnt have to work. And since you like her so much and are much better off than her peers you wont feel inconvenienced to bring her luxury items and give her money for her "needs".

Who cares if they think you re Indio Claro? You re more likely to be accepted as Senor Mandame. Thoughtful insight? I think you should come here get to know her and many others to get a clear understanding of what is you want in a woman...and I bet you won't meet the type of candidate you want on Dominican Cupid, LatinEuro or any other flaky babe site.

Reactions: SantiagoDR

JuanGonzo19

Dec 23, 2010
Africada, Yes I would love to live in Latin America, but wouldn't know how to go about looking for work from here (US) ?...And I would want to work in my profession which is in Radio.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
To the op: the DR is a great place to live if you can get a job. The people are friendly, the weather is great and costs are low. If you can land a job i recommend to come on down and give it a try. You will meet other girls as well.

Added by Robert.
Enough of the religious BS! If you want to reference Christians, God, Jesus Christ or some other religious figure, go find another forum.

I think I need to get Christopher Hitchens as a mod :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JuanGonzo19

Dec 23, 2010
Why do people always assume that people online are bad ?...Well this girl has no kids, lives with her family.She wants me to go to her country, for us to get to know each other better..she wants me to get a hotel close to where she lives, so she can be next to me.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Why do people always assume that people online are bad ?...Well this girl has no kids, lives with her family.She wants me to go to her country, for us to get to know each other better..she wants me to get a hotel close to where she lives, so she can be next to me.

I say go for yours but use protection and take it easy.

Nice and slow!!!

She is very young BTW.

JuanGonzo19

Dec 23, 2010
hey Bronxboy, I really enjoy your post as well, Thanks for the advice bro.

So do you live in DR ?...And by reading my posts what do you think ?...Would I be viewed differnet in DR because I speak fluent Spanish and I am use the culture ?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I say go for yours but use protection and take it easy.

Nice and slow!!!

She is very young BTW.

A lo mejor let's assume this girl is from a good family and a virgin and treat her accordingly until if and when you decide to get married. :)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
A lo mejor let's assume this girl is from a good family and a virgin and treat her accordingly until if and when you decide to get married. :)

If they are mutually attracted to one another and use protection then they should enjoy each other's company, who are you to tell a stranger he should not have a physical relationship with a woman prior to being married?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
hey Bronxboy, I really enjoy your post as well, Thanks for the advice bro.

So do you live in DR ?...And by reading my posts what do you think ?...Would I be viewed differnet in DR because I speak fluent Spanish and I am use the culture ?

lol

Not from DR so I will let others chime in that do.

Thanks for the compliment.

You sound like a level headed person so I would just take necessary precautions. It is nice to be taken care of, especially by someone that young who would probably needs to be taken care of as well.

Just be yourself among others and dont try too hard.:cheeky:

JuanGonzo19

Dec 23, 2010
I just talked to her on the phone ,she is from a good family.I asked her if she's a virgin and she said no she wasn't...she told me to behave..LOL...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I just talked to her on the phone ,she is from a good family.I asked her if she's a virgin and she said no she wasn't...she told me to behave..LOL...

Perfect, after you take her to Sunday mass, buy her and her family a few grandes and you'll be on your way to a cabana!