Rocky's Charity New Years Eve Party!

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Hi Folks,

In keeping with the policies of DR1 that charity events can be posted, I am pleased to announce that our annual charity toy run is a go for this year thanks to the generosity of many, MANY fine folks here on the North Coast and a few fine folks living in the good 'ol USA and Canada.

The party starts at 7 PM on NYE and will include a steak dinner done to perfection with all the fixings, OPEN BAR, champagne, music and party favors as well as our annual run out to the kids to give presents, party and have fun. If you have never seen the way the kids react to getting wrapped presents during this time, you need to be here. It is an exceptional feeling seeing all the smiling faces both on the children and on the adults as the Rocky's caravan pulls up.

Cost this year is the same as last year which is $1,000 pesos per person. Proceeds will be set aside for next year's toy run.

Please add your name to the list of attendees and come celebrate the New Year at Rocky's in Sosua.

Take care all and have a happy and prosperous New Year.

Rick and Milka

List of attendees:
Dafishguy (2)
Marco (2)
Wild Bill (2)
Bennie (2)
Steve (1)
Robin (1)

Reactions: rice&beans

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Looking forward to you posting the numbers on how much you raise etc for next years event. Like any charitable event, it needs to be transparent, have full disclosure and 100% non-profit. Ideally managed by an independent 3rd party, as we have learned from previous experience.

Thanks.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Looking forward to you posting the numbers on how much you raise etc for next years event. Like any charitable event, it needs to be transparent, have full disclosure and 100% non-profit. Ideally managed by an independent 3rd party, as we have learned from previous experience.

Thanks.

That of course Robert will be no trouble at all my friend. I'll ask a very dear friend of mine to do the accounting if he so desires and post the audited results here in keeping with your request.

You have also been to at least one of these events Robert and your support at that time was greatly appreciated by the previous owner of Rocky's. How about you supporting our event again this year with either a small donation or with your attendence. Then you can see first hand and maybe post your experience for all your faithful DR1 readers to enjoy.

Take care and we truly hope to see you here.

Take care,

Rick

siegs

May 9, 2006
Don't know why but it's too bad this is getting uncomfortable.
I wish the best for the kids and a whole lotta smiles.

Reactions: woofsback

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hi Folks,

In keeping with the policies of DR1 that charity events can be posted, I am pleased to announce that our annual charity toy run is a go for this year thanks to the generosity of many, MANY fine folks here on the North Coast and a few fine folks living in the good 'ol USA and Canada.

The party starts at 7 PM on NYE and will include a steak dinner done to perfection with all the fixings, OPEN BAR, champagne, music and party favors as well as our annual run out to the kids to give presents, party and have fun. If you have never seen the way the kids react to getting wrapped presents during this time, you need to be here. It is an exceptional feeling seeing all the smiling faces both on the children and on the adults as the Rocky's caravan pulls up.

Cost this year is the same as last year which is $1,000 pesos per person. Proceeds will be set aside for next year's toy run.

Please add your name to the list of attendees and come celebrate the New Year at Rocky's in Sosua.

Take care all and have a happy and prosperous New Year.

Rick and Milka

List of attendees:
Dafishguy (2)
Marco (2)
Wild Bill (2)
Bennie (2)
Steve (1)
Robin (1)

Hi Rick,

Where are all the presents that we used to see under the tree ?

I thought the Thanksgiving feast was a charity to buy the presents for this year?

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
We are going shopping today Mike. We waited a little longer this year because we knew that people were going to donate more at the Christmas party. The presents will be in Rocky's this afternoon and if you like, we could sure use some help wrapping them for the kiddies so if you have some extra time.....

Take care,

Rick

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I was wondering what happened as i asked one of the girls where the all the presents were and she said Rocky's wasn't doing it this year so i didn't know if you were donating directly to the Sosua kids or what the plan was.

The earlier the presents are seen then more people will donate before Christmas as they are in the gift giving mood

Reactions: waytogo

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Hi all,

Just got back from participating in the purchase of the Xmas gifts for the kids; what fun and what great gifts we got - and stayed in budget from monies from Thanksgiving and Xmas donations. Got probably 1250 or so gifts that the kids will love. It warms my heart just to know they're going to love them. Now I'm told help is needed for wrapping and marking boy toys and girl toys.

I wasn't going to attend New Year's this year, but I'm inspired by the gifts and the gift giving so please put my name on the list.

I think pix will follow shortly.

Happy Holidays to all.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
The presents are wrapped and under the tree. We are getting very excited about going out again this year. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of happy children again this year. Thank you all for your support and I hope more of you will join us for this once a year special treat.

I'll post some pics once I fiqure out how to do it.

Take care,

Rick

List of attendees:
Dafishguy (2)
Marco (2)
Wild Bill (2)
Bennie (2)
Steve (1)
Robin (1)
Drro (1)

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Photos of the prezzies for the children!

Here you go folks, the first of the photos for all to see. We are really getting excited and are looking forward to seeing the smiling faces of all the children as they receive their wrapped presents perhaps for the first time in their lives.

I want to send out a special thank you to the anonymous donor in Santo Domingo for donating a large box of first rate wrapping paper to the cause. Thank you!

P1000722.jpg

Carload of presents. Ro almost had to walk back from Puerto Plata because we literally filled the car to capacity.

P1000723.jpg

Ro helping to unload the car.

P1000728.jpg

Ro watching as more present are brought in from the car.

P1000736.jpg

The "Loot" ready to be wrapped.

P1000740.jpg

One of Santa's little helpers.

P1000768.jpg

The Rocky's gang after about 1/2 the presents have been wrapped. Whew, enough work for one day. We'll finish wrapping tomorrow.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Updated list of attendees:
Dafishguy (2)
Marco (2)
Wild Bill (2)
Bennie (2)
Steve (1)
Robin (1)
Drro (1)
Jimmy (2)

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Dafishguy (2)
Marco (2)
Wild Bill (2)
Bennie (2)
Steve (1)
Robin (1)
Drro (1)
Jimmy (2)
Rob J (6)
Krista (2)

OK, now the list is starting to grow. Thank you to all who have committed to attending our bash. For the information of those who may want to bring children to the party, yes of course they are welcome. For those under the age of 18 and for those of you who won't be drinking, the cost is only $500 pesos. I'm supplying this information because I was asked the question so I thought I better post the answer.
Friday night is going to be fun!

Rick

Reactions: Bronxboy

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Dafishguy (2)
Marco (2)
Wild Bill (2)
Bennie (2)
Steve (1)
Robin (1)
Drro (1)
Jimmy (2)
Rob J (6)
Krista (2)
Andreas (2)

Two more days before the big bash. Get involved if you can. This is a very exciting time for both the children and for us to be there while it all happens. It is literally a life changing experience.

Take care and we really hope you can make it.

Rick & Milka

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Dafishguy (2)
Marco (2)
Wild Bill (2)
Bennie (2)
Steve (1)
Robin (1)
Drro (1)
Jimmy (2)
Rob J (6)
Krista (2)
Andreas (2)
Daniel G (1)
George (2)
Dan (2)

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Dafishguy (2)
Marco (2)
Wild Bill (2)
Bennie (2)
Steve (1)
Robin (1)
Drro (1)
Jimmy (2)
Rob J (6)
Krista (2)
Andreas (2)
Daniel G (1)
George (4)
Dan (2)
Brad (1)
Mike D (1)

We are now at 32 confirmed attending. We are going to limit the party to 50 this year as we find it a lot better organized when we are out giving the presents to the needy children.

Two days until NYE. If you want to attend, please get your name on the list soon. We would never want to disappoint you by having to turn you down because we are full.

We will always have room for you Robert. You are always welcome to attend. Besides, it might be nice to see a representative of DR1 at this very special event.

Take care all and see you NYE,

Rick & Milka

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We will always have room for you Robert. You are always welcome to attend. Besides, it might be nice to see a representative of DR1 at this very special event.

Thanks for the invite, but I will be in Santo Domingo this year.

I have been part of giving of the Rocky's New Years Eve a few times over the years and it's a memorable event.

I hope everyone has a great time and looking forward to seeing the photos posted in this thread.

Reactions: LuvtheDR

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Thank you Robert. Yes, you and DR1 have always been a hugh part of our toy drives in the past and your participation in those has always been greatly apprecaited. We will always continue to do our best to hold this event each and every year so please plan to attend our event sometime soon.

Yes, we will absolutely be posting photos of this event for all to see the difference a little present can make in a child's life.

Take care,

Rick

Dafishguy (2)
Marco (2)
Wild Bill (2)
Bennie (2)
Steve (1)
Robin (1)
Drro (1)
Jimmy (2)
Rob J (6)
Krista (2)
Andreas (2)
Daniel G (1)
George (2)
Dan (2)
Brad (1)
Mike D (1)
George and Linda (4)

That brings the list to 34 leaving only 16 more spots.

See you NYE,

Rick

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Dafishguy (2)
Marco (2)
Wild Bill (2)
Bennie (2)
Steve (1)
Robin (1)
Drro (1)
Jimmy (2)
Rob J (6)
Krista (2)
Andreas (2)
Daniel G (2)
George (2)
Dan (2)
Brad M (1)
Mike D (1)
George & Linda (4)
Rienier (4)
Zane (4)

Total 43!

OK folks, we are down to the wire. NYE is tomorrow night and we have 7 spots left. It will be a whole 366 days from tonight before you will be able to attend this event again. The children are counting on all of us to fulfill their dreams.

Nuff' said. This is going to be a fantastic party with like minded people sharing a like minded event. It does not get any better than that!

See you all tomorrow night. Party on!

Rick

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Dafishguy (2)
Marco (2)
Wild Bill (2)
Bennie (2)
Steve (1)
Robin (1)
Drro (1)
Jimmy (2)
Rob J (6)
Krista (2)
Andreas (2)
Daniel G (2)
George (2)
Dan (2)
Brad M (1)
Mike D (1)
George & Linda (4)
Rienier (4)
Zane (4)

Total 43!

OK folks, we are down to the wire. NYE is tomorrow night and we have 7 spots left. It will be a whole 366 days from tonight before you will be able to attend this event again. The children are counting on all of us to fulfill their dreams.

Nuff' said. This is going to be a fantastic party with like minded people sharing a like minded event. It does not get any better than that!

See you all tomorrow night. Party on!

Rick

Wish we could join you. Happy New Year to all and to all a good night.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Photos of the festivities!

Wish we could join you. Happy New Year to all and to all a good night.

We wish you could have joined us as well. We had a fantastic turnout last night for our anual party and toy run. I will post the actual figures once some accounting is done but rest assured, we raised some money for next years event. I want to thank all those who participated. As you can see from the photos, there were lots of happy children and adults as "Santa" came to town.

Enjoy!

Rick

NYE0002.jpg

The toys just before the run. We had well over 1,200 gifts this year.

NYE0006.jpg

One of our beautiful hostess's.

NYE0012.jpg

Another of our beautiful hostess's.

NYE0022.jpg

The girls in party mode.

The rest of the photos, enjoy.

NYE0027.jpg

NYE0028.jpg

NYE0032.jpg

NYE0037.jpg

NYE0080.jpg