American getting DR citizenship

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
I was born in NY, my parents are Dominican, and I know I can apply for Dominican citizenship, Im tired of the dominican residence thing...

Most important....
How does that affect my American Citizenship?? Could I lose my US citizenship if I accept dominican citizenship?

Thanks

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Million thanks

I had a hunch after I read another post somewhere , different circumstances,but involving green card
Now I know my next step!
Manu

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Thanks Windeguy!

By the way, would that mean I need two passports? and if so how would I use them? Showing the US passport in USA and showing the DR passport on the DR side?

Thanks again...

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Thanks Windeguy!

By the way, would that mean I need two passports? and if so how would I use them? Showing the US passport in USA and showing the DR passport on the DR side?

Thanks again...

You won?t need two passports, with your *cedula* showing your nationality as Dominican and your U.S passport it should be more than enough.

When you arrive in the DR you show immigration your U.S. passport with your Dominican *cedula* to prove your DR citizenship.

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Where would I go to start the process of getting the DR citizenship? Would that be in La Junta Central in Santo Domingo? Could I do it in Santiago?

thanks