Checking for stolen credit cards in retail site?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
With US-based banks, our payment processor cross-references the billing address to the credit card# and tells us if the card belongs to this person.

How can this be done with cards issued in banks in DR? Since the payment processor only checks CC# and CVV2 to approve or decline, that's why we implemented the address verification. But how can we do this with cards from DR?

I had talked to tech services for my processor, and he tells me that they cross-reference the address even if it's an international card. But I very much doubt that.

Thanks.
Myers

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
With US-based banks, our payment processor cross-references the billing address to the credit card# and tells us if the card belongs to this person.

How can this be done with cards issued in banks in DR? Since the payment processor only checks CC# and CVV2 to approve or decline, that's why we implemented the address verification. But how can we do this with cards from DR?

I had talked to tech services for my processor, and he tells me that they cross-reference the address even if it's an international card. But I very much doubt that.

Thanks.
Myers

The local processors here as far as I'm aware do not cross check for address.

International processors check for CC#, CVV2 and sometimes the ZIP that the account holder has registered, usually in the DR this is 00000.

Feb 7, 2007
Some cross reference for Canadian and UK banks, for SOME European banks it may be ZIP code, but that is very little % of banks. For DR, none. You can always do manual authorization and call the bank for authorization number and address verification. You can lookup the bank contact in processor database with the first 6 numbers of the card. Many banks will be non-cooperative for address verification. That's what I remember from my old card-processing days back in the USA.

Feb 7, 2007
The local processors here as far as I'm aware do not cross check for address.

:):):)
Like what would be the address format? ...for some..
Barrio Cualquiera
Calle Quinta esquina calle del Colmado Cibao,
a 5 casas mano izquierda,
frente de la Peluqueria Ricardo,
la tercera puerta en el callejon
atras de los repuestos Hermanos Rosario,
Mi Pueblo, Mi provincia, XXXXX

I am just wondering how any computer would verify THAT

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Like what would be the address format? ...for some..
Barrio Cualquiera
Calle Quinta esquina calle del Colmado Cibao,
a 5 casas mano izquierda,
frente de la Peluqueria Ricardo,
la tercera puerta en el callejon
atras de los repuestos Hermanos Rosario,
Mi Pueblo, Mi provincia, XXXXX

I am just wondering how any computer would verify THAT

Hehe... I guess thats why they don't do it :)