To which party did these belong to?

rescher

Jan 4, 2011
Hi!

I'm trying to find out to which political party did two ex-ministers belong to. I would be really grateful if someone knows this information.

I'm looking for the political parties of:

Sabino Baez (Health Minister in 2005)

Omar Ramirez (Environment Minister in 2008)

Thanks so much for any help!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The current ruling party, the PLD was in power in those years, so unless they belong to any of the allied parties they are probably PLD members.

rescher

Jan 4, 2011
Thanks for your help, but I need to know with certainty to which party (if any) they belonged to. I know it's likely that they were from the PLD, but I need to know if they were actually PLD. Some ministers during PLD governments have been members of other parties.

rescher

Jan 4, 2011
A bit of Googling confirms they are both from the PLD.

Thanks so much! Could you please send me any link where it says that? I have not been able to find anything, but my spanish is not good to find that sort of thing. Thanks again!

rescher

Jan 4, 2011
Why is it so important to confirm that they are PLD?

Hi, I'm trying to complete an assignment on center-left parties in Latin America and one part of it involves knowing the political parties that cabinet members belonged to, and those are the ones I was still missing.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks so much! Could you please send me any link where it says that? I have not been able to find anything, but my spanish is not good to find that sort of thing. Thanks again!

1 - an article from 2004 that describes Omar Ram?rez as a PLD member: Poder Ejecutivo y Senadores del PRD mutilan el Parque Nacional del Este y otras reas Protegidas.
Perspectiva Ciudadana agradece a Omar Ram?rez Tejada, regidor (PLD) por el Distrito Nacional, ex-director de Parques Nacionales, el env?o de esta nota en la que el PLD fija posici?n sobre el tema del desguace de las ?reas protegidas para favorecer negocios depredadores de la biodiversidad dominicana.

2 - Sabino B?ez heads a movement called "Todos con Leonel".
Santiago Digital - MOVIMIENTO TODOS CON LEONEL

And in this article he is described as a "leading PLD member":
El Gobierno sigue reparto de enseres - Hoy Digital
Seg?n los informes, el dirigente pelede?sta y director del IDSS, Sabino B?ez, entregar? las motocicletas y electrodom?sticos a ?personas de bajos recursos?.

rescher

Jan 4, 2011
Thank you so so so much! That's exactly what I needed. I really appreciate your help!!