Looking for an apartment rental in santiago

manuela13

Jan 5, 2011
I would like to rent a furnished 1 or 2 bedroom apartment in santiago for about 17 days (22 of april to 9 of may). Price about 300-600 dollars.

Thanks
Manuela

Patron

Mar 17, 2010
It is hard to find short term rentals in santiago. My friend finally found a furnished apartment in los jardines and the rent was $1,200 for one month or the daily rate is $120.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It is hard to find short term rentals in santiago. My friend finally found a furnished apartment in los jardines and the rent was $1,200 for one month or the daily rate is $120.

That must have been a fully furnished penthouse :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Case in point:

I have been looking for a 1 BR place for a guy I know. I looked at one, liked it and told the owner, "ok" and that the money would be in place on Tuesday (Monday was a holiday, remember?)

Well on Sunday he showed it to a guy who said he wanted it on a two year lease. Clearly, the word "deal" was not in the guy's vocabulary, and I had to hustle around for another place.

I found one I have been watching for several months. I talked to the agent and she was agreeable but the place had no water or electricty. No problem to hook them up.

BUT the owner, in France, wrote back that she only wanted to rent it on 5-6 month+ leases!! So this property that could be earning 4 or 500 dollars a month sits empty...How stupid can you get? So far, I know she has not made a dime for over a year and a half!!

So, if I had the money, I'd buy the darn place...But there are just no places that people can rent short term...Under $1000...that is....

HB

Marola

Jan 14, 2011
Hola Hillbilly,

There are places that people can rent for short term. It depends where you want to rent.

Patron

Mar 17, 2010
It is hard to find furnished short term rentals in Santiago. My friend finally found the apartment in los jardines. The agent wanted 1,000 for the rent, 1,000 deposit and 1,000 commission. (This is standard practice for a long term rental, but these agents can't think). We were finally able to talk to the owner and get the commission reduce to $200.

There is an apartment in my building that will be available in a few weeks. The owner will do short term rentals. The price is 15,000 month short term or 13,000 month with a contract. If I had the money, I would also buy a apartment and do short term rentals in Santiago.

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
Looking for a short term rental

I am looking for a short term rental in the santaigo area from Mar 22-29 2011A 1,2, or 3 br house of apt would be ideal. I have already checked the rental section in dr1, but was unable to find anything. I would really appreciate any leads.