How is Sosua in the evening lately ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montrealo

Jan 6, 2011
I was told everything is very quiet in the evening since the new regulations were implemented (front of bars closed + working girls repression).

Is there still some action in town or is it better to go to POP or Cabarete in the evening for restaurants and clubs ?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I was told everything is very quiet in the evening since the new regulations were implemented (front of bars closed + working girls repression).

Is there still some action in town or is it better to go to POP or Cabarete in the evening for restaurants and clubs ?

Still some action. After midnight, Politur are still haunting the streets but don't seem to hassle the girls. Unfortunatly, there are a lot of Dominican 10 to 14 year old kids hanging out but as they are not on the hit list they can do want they want and the cops don't care. The kids are just a nuisance. On the down side, there are no or very few Haitian girls so you are stuck with fat sometimes ugly Dominican girls. Let's hope tonight things are better. Keep me informed as last night was my night out alone.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Actually, there are barely any kids on the street compared to last year. There are maybe 2-3 shoeshine kids. It's much better, less people getting hassled when eating or walking around. The parade of girls has diminished, but there are many in the bars. The street tonight is very vibrant...lots of music and people!!!

Montrealo

Jan 6, 2011
I find it very difficult to get a clear picture of the situation at the moment since a lot of contradictory info is on the net. I suspect people with local interest are trying to make it look busier than it is. Maybe it is just that things are changing on a daily basis at the moment.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Sosua is Sosua, the same as last year, and will be the same next year. Amen;)

Eddy, when you say; stuck with fat sometimes ugly Dominican girls. Do you mean the ones where the zippers are broken as their jeans are 4 sizes to small?:eek:

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Sosua is Sosua, the same as last year, and will be the same next year. Amen;)

Eddy, when you say; stuck with fat sometimes ugly Dominican girls. Do you mean the ones where the zippers are broken as their jeans are 4 sizes to small?:eek:
I take back my previous post. Just got back from the streets. Classico loaded with hot chicks both Dominican and Haitian. Montrealo, stick with Sosua. Now if we could get Politur to be a little more descreet in keeping up the daytime apprearance and do like tonight stay the f*ck away in the evening it could be win-win.

Reactions: rice&beans

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I take back my previous post. Just got back from the streets. Classico loaded with hot chicks both Dominican and Haitian. Montrealo, stick with Sosua. Now if we could get Politur to be a little more descreet in keeping up the daytime apprearance and do like tonight stay the f*ck away in the evening it could be win-win.

Actually that is what i am finding. Early in the evening (dinner hour) there are less girls around or they stay in the bars and it makes for a nicer dining experience. After 11 or so it is "business as usual". I think it is a win-win situation. Good for the tourists, families and such that want to enjoy the evening, dinner and drinks and good for the boys and girls that want to party later.

Bob K

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Actually that is what i am finding. Early in the evening (dinner hour) there are less girls around or they stay in the bars and it makes for a nicer dining experience. After 11 or so it is "business as usual". I think it is a win-win situation. Good for the tourists, families and such that want to enjoy the evening, dinner and drinks and good for the boys and girls that want to party later.

Bob K
Sounds good to me. If it continues, win-win for sure. That's exactly want it looked like yesterday.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007

Thats more like it, hot chicas that have no problems with their zippers.:cheeky: As for the police being more discreet, I believe they're just trying to make up from a bad Christmas bonus.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i guess i need to see this for myself.

one man's treasure is another man's nightmare. :ermm:

superfly_2000

Dec 12, 2007
Yeah thanks...soon I'll be there too hehe...

But Classico doesn't play traditional dominican music right? That would be the only bad thing about I guess then :p

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Yeah thanks...soon I'll be there too hehe...

But Classico doesn't play traditional dominican music right? That would be the only bad thing about I guess then :p

I've heard pretty well most kinds of music played at Classico. Thank God no Typico but most everything else.

superfly_2000

Dec 12, 2007
I've heard pretty well most kinds of music played at Classico. Thank God no Typico but most everything else.

Yeah...thats funny hehe...although I like bachata and merengue a lot I never came to like their tipico music. Actually there are some songs that are really good I remember...but most of it doesn't sound good...

"Mambo-merengue" is so-so....but even that..I dunno...it's quite popular however that one...with artists like Omega and so forth...

Montrealo

Jan 6, 2011
Any action in town during the week or is it mainly during the weekend ? We'll arrive Thursday evening...

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The Haitianas have disappeared!
Daytime, side streets and small hotels off Pedro Clisante in area past Europa. Evening from 23:00 untill 4AM some bars on PC ie. Central etc. and Clasico. If they all leave we're screwed or not. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
if the haitian girls leave, the level of beauty on PC will increase 10 fold. :ermm:

but yeah i know, you guys like it cheap....

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
if the haitian girls leave, the level of beauty on PC will increase 10 fold. :ermm:

but yeah i know, you guys like it cheap....
You mean the pretty rubias from Santiago and Santo Domingo I saw at Lifestyles on New Years Eve. In your (our) dreams. Other than that we will have to put up with foul mouthed fat and ugly Dominicanas that still lurke PC. I didn't realize they were more expensive than the Haitianas. :)

Reactions: corsair74
Status
Not open for further replies.