Fishing off Punta Cana/bavaro

potter

Jan 9, 2011
Will embark on my 7th vacation to the DR. Have been deep sea fishing twice without a nibble. I am looking to have some success and am looking for a tour that goes for some smaller fish that we can just drop a line and have some fun. (and of course, catch some fish!!) Any suggestions?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Send a PM (Private Message) to Mike Fisher...he does a little bit of fishing...( a lot really)

HB

carib

Jul 16, 2002
fishing

find a boat with a working bathroom and exhaust that doesn't make everone sick...been there..... carib

potter

Jan 9, 2011
I remember that from my first two trips...maybe that is why I'm looking to drop an anchor and shut off the boat!! Thank for the Mike tip....I'm still awaiting a reply...feel free to provide more info if you have it though:)

Thanks.....only 5 days till I'm back on the island!! my favorite time of the year! (It's 12F and snowing here)

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
sickness

3 of the 6 on our boat got sick mainly from breathing the diesel fumes and rough seas
went with one of mike's boat but not his fault
make sure you can sit up top if you wish to avoid the fumes

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
3 of the 6 on our boat got sick mainly from breathing the diesel fumes and rough seas
went with one of mike's boat but not his fault
make sure you can sit up top if you wish to avoid the fumes

That has happened to me before, especially when you're trawling and the wind is blowing in the wrong direction. The joys of fishing!! :)

potter

Jan 9, 2011
Mike hasn't answered the PM's and I'm leaving on friday. Any suggestions? As stated before, I'm not interested in trolling and fishing for the big guys. Just want to find a hole and catch some fish no matter how big. As I don't have an ocean nearby, I'm not even sure where to go to find a school. thanks in advance!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Potter,
you didn't send me any PM, You send some Visitor Messages, that's why I did not get a notification about the messages, saw them this eve and answered.

the requested small fishing to drop a line in some shallows is not offered here actually.
and often it would be not possible to practice during winter, our winter Sea is mostly to rough to drop a anker and get a small line wet. stopping a boat on wavy Sea is what makes People Seasick right away, lol.
this Time of the Year offshore trolling is the only fishing offered.

I have actually a 28ft Boston Whaler Outrage in the Plans with 2x250's or 2x300's 4-Stroke Outboards on for the flexibel fishing on everything, but not beofre the calm Springtime starts.

Mike

Forker

Jan 30, 2011
Thanks for your comments Mike...I am heading to PC at the end of Feb and due to my wife recovering from surgery, she can't yet handle much of the off shore varieties and I was also hoping there might be some mango grove (ala the Florida Keys) type of fishing available also? Not interested in bottom fishing, breathing diesel fumes or rolling around in rough seas...I'll wait until she's well enough to take advantage of some of the great off shore fishing you offer.