Container-load shipping to Europe

GCSchmidt

Jan 11, 2011
I am looking for an advisor/consultant familiar with the shipping routes, rates and loads between the DR and Europe. My need is to identify ways to ship several thousand tons of agricultural product to Europe in late 2011 and most likely more in 2012 and beyond. I have fluent Spanish speakers on staff if the person we eventually talk to isn't comfortable with English. Thank you in advance.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I am looking for an advisor/consultant familiar with the shipping routes, rates and loads between the DR and Europe. My need is to identify ways to ship several thousand tons of agricultural product to Europe in late 2011 and most likely more in 2012 and beyond. I have fluent Spanish speakers on staff if the person we eventually talk to isn't comfortable with English. Thank you in advance.

Speak to Peter Kennedy at Shiplane Transport.

He might not be able to help you with Europe, but I know he will know
who can. He's been in shipping a long time here, speaks English and Spanish.

Let him know Robert from DR1 sent you, he will look after you.

He has offices in Santo Domingo.

Shiplane Transport - Dominican Republic

egonvw

Jan 12, 2011
important to know what kind of agricultural products are to be shipped. is a refer container needed. will you arrange the import permits for europe?
egon

GCSchmidt

Jan 11, 2011
Robert, many thanks for the referral. I will contact Peter later today or tomorrow at the latest, mentioning your lead.

Egon, we would be sending forage/fodder, mainly heavy grasses. They can be highly compacted into 20' or 40' containers without any detriment to the ulterior use. We can handle the permits, but we would consider the shipper or third party handling them as well. Thank you for responding.

GCSchmidt

Jan 11, 2011
I spoke with Peter Kennedy, who was quite helpful. Related to that conversation, I received a suggestion to seek ships bringing goods to the DR and returning to England. As we will be shipping about 4,000-9,000 tons some 3-6 times a year, does anyone know what ships or companies have regular routes that make port in the DR and England (south or east coasts?) Thank you.