BelleVue Dominican Bay - All Inclusive

oobler

Jan 13, 2011
Anyone know anything about this place? Just booked 5 nights there and was wondering why it was so cheap. From the pictures and some reviews it seems like quite a deal. Any info would be appreciated.

oobler

Jan 13, 2011
Thanks for the link! I'm just a little nervous,I've never been to the DR before and the price difference between this resort and the others was huge. I was hoping I wasn't staying in a dive.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's not a 5 star resort, maybe 3 star, but it's not a dive, it's an average resort in the DR.

Enjoy!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Thanks for the link! I'm just a little nervous,I've never been to the DR before and the price difference between this resort and the others was huge. I was hoping I wasn't staying in a dive.

Last time I was there was 3 years ago. All you can eat and drink. I remember I paid 42.00 USD a night per person. Not bad for all you can drink and eat. The shows were not that bad. Hotel Hamaca is right next door. Right on the beach.

You cant go wrong if you like AI's.

Just remember that this hotel is NOT guest friendly. A while back it was but the last time I was there it wasn't.

A few johns were not let in with there "dates".

Luckily, I had my ex with me so I was good!!!!!!;)

oobler

Jan 13, 2011
Just out of pure curiosity since I've never been to the DR before, what is the policy on recreational drugs at and around the resorts. Is it like Jamaica where its not legal but tolerated to a point, or is a strict no no? Just wondering.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Just out of pure curiosity since I've never been to the DR before, what is the policy on recreational drugs at and around the resorts. Is it like Jamaica where its not legal but tolerated to a point, or is a strict no no? Just wondering.

Sorry, wrong question to ask.:surprised

NOT TOLERATED AT ALL.

In fact, the tourist police will love to catch you.

Take it from all of us, the jails in the DR are no joke.

Get caught and Mandingo will be your best friend!!!!!!:eek:gre::eek:gre:

Last edited:

oobler

Jan 13, 2011
As stated, just asking. Just wanted to know if I was going to be hasseled by some of the locals all day like I have been in other places.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
LOL, what's wrong with Mandingo, some us like him ;)

To the OP, this is not Jamaica, you won't be hassled. As you know, you can find anything anywhere in the world nowadays, but in some places , it is not worth the risks. And the DR is one of these places.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
As stated, just asking. Just wanted to know if I was going to be hasseled by some of the locals all day like I have been in other places.

If you show an interest, you will be hassled.

Be careful though, it can sometimes be a setup. They will act like they will bring you whatever you desire and then, oops!!!!!, the police is right there.

oobler

Jan 13, 2011
LOL, what's wrong with Mandingo, some us like him ;)

To the OP, this is not Jamaica, you won't be hassled. As you know, you can find anything anywhere in the world nowadays, but in some places , it is not worth the risks. And the DR is one of these places.

thank you.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hotel Hamaca is right next door. Right on the beach.

Stop drinking! jajaja

It's not on the beach and it's not next door to the Hamaca :)

It's the other end of the beach and they have a walkway that takes you to their beach club. The actual resort is 2-3 blocks back from the beach.

Reactions: Bronxboy

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Stop drinking! jajaja

It's not on the beach and it's not next door to the Hamaca :)

It's the other end of the beach and they have a walkway that takes you to their beach club. The actual resort is 2-3 blocks back from the beach.

LOL.

True!!!!!!

I meant that the area enclosed for all occupants is on the beach.

The walkway is not that bad. A five minute walk at most.:cheeky:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Is it a safe walk at night to and from the beach?

The last time I was there they had 24 hour security and the walkway is on their property.

Just keep your eyes and ears alert at all times like anywhere else.

oobler

Jan 13, 2011
Thanks for all the info guys. This makes me feel better about making my decision of taking my vacation in the DR. I was a little worried after reading some reviews. Please feel free to let me know of anything else I should know about the area. Thanks again.

oobler

Jan 13, 2011
How about getting to and from the airport, any suggestions? Should I call the resort and ask if they have a shuttle? Also, smoking cigarettes, is it allowed in bars, restaurants, hotels? Are they cheap there or should I bring enough for my stay?