Perman Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

domex

Jun 2, 2008
I live right next door to where it happened and so I went running towards my bedroom window when I heard glass shattering. I believe there was no wrong doing since his door was closed as well as the iron gate entrance to the studio, but i do know that I was yelling at the people through my window, that was working the night shift so that, they can call an ambulance before he bleed to death, and they where taking there sweet ass time calling nelly instead. His death could have been avoided if Hotel Cabarete Palm Beach Condos and Studios had some sort of Emergency response number to where the security guards could call or have people working there, that are more alert to emergency situations.

Islander777

Sep 19, 2008
American lawyer died in Cabarete in apparent accident

From what I have read (see links below) an American criminal defense lawyer apparently bled out and died after he supposedly accidentally fell through (or walked into) a glass door at Palm Beach Condo's. It appears to have been a tragic accident.

Does anyone on here have any personal knowledge they care to share?

american lawyer dies in cabarete

Hotel manager said Perman Glenn III died at a local hospital in the Dominican Republic | masslive.com

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
no such thing as safety glass in this country. none of the buildings in the DR would pass US regulations. in the US all glass in a door, next to a door, or within 24 inches of the floor recquire safety glass. this is either laminated, like the windshiled in your car, or tempered, side windows in a car, which is ten times stronger and breaks in a million little pieces which will give you a scratch but not cut your leg off. very tragic that this is not law in the DR. glass companies would actually make more money if they sold the good stuff...........

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
poor building codes in the DR. no requirement for safety glass in doors so the builders do it the cheap way and install regular old plate glass and when it breaks it turns into daggers and swords that kill. blame lies in the building codes and builders taking the cheap way out.

Aug 21, 2007
Just to make things clear....there were two different police activities in Cabarete last night. One was the attorney's accident and death. The second, the round up of illegal Haitians.....and thus, perhaps, the truck with people in it.

Police had a busy night!

Lindsey

Status
Not open for further replies.