Safety boxes (safe) in Las Terrenas and Las Galeras

brokenshoelace

Jan 14, 2011
Hello,
Are there safety deposit boxes (safes) that we can rent to leave our money and documents while we are in Las Terrenas and Las Galeras.
Thank you

nina23

Oct 31, 2008
Hi
you can rent a safety box at FORT KNOX exchange office ,which can be found at Paseo de la costanera Las Terrenas .Ask for Herve Brousset in the small mall on your left when you get at the cemetary.

Pyth0s

Dec 8, 2009
Herve is open in the morning from I think 9amish till 1pmish, then he reopens at 4pm till 8pm

I used him last year and did not have any issues at all.

Cheers!

Pyth0s

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
no bank in LG that would have safe deposit. there is a place before the beach on the right that exchanges $ but not sure if they have any safes for rent or not. might be you could inquire with whatever lodging you choose or if you want stop in samana and rent a box on your way to LG.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
no bank in LG that would have safe deposit. there is a place before the beach on the right that exchanges $ but not sure if they have any safes for rent or not. might be you could inquire with whatever lodging you choose or if you want stop in samana and rent a box on your way to LG.

from Nina 23
Hi
you can rent a safety box at FORT KNOX exchange office ,which can be found at Paseo de la costanera Las Terrenas .Ask for Herve Brousset in the small mall on your left when you get at the cemetary.

Herve is the guy.. regular safe deposit boxes.. great security...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Safety Deposit Boxes

Hi:

Are you staying at a hotel in Las Terrenas or Las Galeras. If so, some of the hotels have safes in the guest rooms. By the way if you use Fort Knox, El Paseo is a shopping plaza in the tourist sector of Las Terrenas all the way at the end of Calle Principe where the road continues on to Playa Poppi.

S

nina23

Oct 31, 2008
Thank you Nina, Hvae you used Fort Knox? Are they open all day? evening? Do you know of any in Las Galeras?

hope im not too late....i know Herv? for over 10 years and yes ive used Fort Knox For more information contact Herv? Brousset FORT KNOX (809) 240 6719.You can find him in his office every day from 8h to 13h and from 16h to 20h not sure about sundays afternoon best to check openings hours too............you can read that thread as well which talk about him and can be usefull to you: http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-east-coast/100512-my-las-terrenas-adventure-outlook.html
Enjoy your time over there and sorry if my english is not perfect:ermm: