barahona - Luxury?

E

engineerfg

Casa Bonita looks really nice. When it's sold out, are there equivilent 'luxury' options in Barahona?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The opinion of "luxury" varies, but Hotel Costa Larimar in downtown Barahona is very nice and reasonably priced.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
We were very impressed with Playa Azul where we stayed two years ago.
(obviously not in the same league as Casa Bonita but very nice IMO).

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Casa Bonita, Been there, Loved it. If anyone goes, make sure you ask about the tour through the jungle/woods. Its very nice, especially if you go in your own vehicle (SUV) while the tour guide drives up ahead of a convoy like tour, everyone in there on vehicle. Fun as hell!

William King

Feb 13, 2011
We are interested in snorkeling and hear that Bahyahibe is very good. What airport do we fly to and what are the connections like to get there? wk

lbandolero

Oct 5, 2010
Costa Larimar is nice food sucks but its close to discos resturants and san rafael beach accomadations ok

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The opinion of "luxury" varies, but Hotel Costa Larimar in downtown Barahona is very nice and reasonably priced.

I second this advice. Hotel Larimar has clean, roomy accomodations, cable, good ac, good food and a pool. You can't go wrong.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Costa Larimar is nice food sucks but its close to discos resturants and san rafael beach accomadations ok
CL caters primarily to Dominicans and the food reflects it. If you like Dominican food, it's excellent.

We stay there often. I've spent 8 nights in the last 6 weeks there and enjoyed every minute of it.

One down side is the water is heated with solar, so it's HOT in the afternoon/evening and can be "unhot" in the morning.

And unless it's changed, San Rafael Beach is a virtual garbage pit, especially after a weekend. Why the locals don't clean it up is beyond me.

Aug 19, 2004
Agree with #12. We visited Costa Larimar last week for lunch: the food was very good, good value for money, and the bar/restaurant was a nice place to sit. Would certainly go back again.