Is San Francisco de Macoris cibao?

eldondedr

Oct 18, 2006
I ask this because some people don't consider it to be. Was wondering what the consensus here is?

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
If you spend any time in the campos, the cibaeno accent is strongest in Provincia Duarte. I always understood the Cibao reaching from Nagua to somewhere past Santiago, between the two mountain ranges. Some as far as Dajabon call themselves Cibaenos and when I was working the mountains near Puerto Plata/Sosua, some on the North side of the Northern mountain range call themselves Cibaenos. I think it is a matter of self-idendification. But San Francisco de Macoris is dead center of the Cibao no matter which way you look at it.

eldondedr

Oct 18, 2006
If you spend any time in the campos, the cibaeno accent is strongest in Provincia Duarte. I always understood the Cibao reaching from Nagua to somewhere past Santiago, between the two mountain ranges. Some as far as Dajabon call themselves Cibaenos and when I was working the mountains near Puerto Plata/Sosua, some on the North side of the Northern mountain range call themselves Cibaenos. I think it is a matter of self-idendification. But San Francisco de Macoris is dead center of the Cibao no matter which way you look at it.

thank you very much, you put it wonderfully.