Temporary residency renewal

linduka1982

Jan 22, 2011
Hello everybody....I need your help....I need to renew my temporary residency and I don't really know where and how to start. Any suggestion....or contacts that you guys have in Santo Domingo to make easier and faster? How much would it cost in total to renew the temporary residency? Any asnwers are well appreciated! Thanks!!!

linduka1982

Jan 22, 2011
Yes I did use one....and paid US$ 700 only for his services, medical and etc. was apart from that. I can speak perfectly spanish so I thought I would give a try and do it by myself as I already know where to go and what to do! What do you guys think about it?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hello everybody....I need your help....I need to renew my temporary residency and I don't really know where and how to start. Any suggestion....or contacts that you guys have in Santo Domingo to make easier and faster? How much would it cost in total to renew the temporary residency? Any asnwers are well appreciated! Thanks!!!

If you already know where to go and what to do, why these questions?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Yes I did use one....and paid US$ 700 only for his services, medical and etc. was apart from that. I can speak perfectly spanish so I thought I would give a try and do it by myself as I already know where to go and what to do! What do you guys think about it?
As Ken (hinted), just do it. You will need all the documents you supplied the first time + a letter "Responsability" from a resident. If you live in Santo Domingo, then go for it. I think you can deposit all your Docs. in Santiago but will probably have to go to the head office to pick up the card.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
As Ken (hinted), just do it. You will need all the documents you supplied the first time + a letter "Responsability" from a resident. If you live in Santo Domingo, then go for it. I think you can deposit all your Docs. in Santiago but will probably have to go to the head office to pick up the card.

Depositing the documents in Santiago is a good idea, if they will accept them there. It is a relatively small office compared with Santo Domingo and better able to give some personal attention. If a lawyer were involved, he would be notified when process complete and,in turn, notify you. Your chances of getting the same sort of notification is better if you work through the Santiago office. When they receive word that approval has been given, they will contact you. Or, as time passes and you have heard nothing, you will have a contact in Santiago that you can call. But don't start calling immediately because nothing moves as fast here as you might like.

If I were doing the renewal myself, I would definitely try to work through the Santiago office.