We Want to Win! Help Us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I can only address the airport issue. I would say if you can get a good flight into Puerto Plata, you are closest to two of your three destinations.

I can say that for "winning", you are best served in Sos?a ( NOT 'Sousa'--he was a musician!) and Cabarete. The folks from up there will fill you in, I am sure.

Given the cost of renting a vehicle large enough for 6, I would suggest that you base yourselves in one of your two target towns, use local transport, both for the fun and games and for getting about. Sos?a and Cabarete are almost walking distance apart. (not really but almost).

Santiago is a nice bus ride away, and taxis, in your case mini-vans, are just 150-200 pesos a ride to where you want to go to play. In Santiago, the motels are all "guest" friendly...

Hope this bit of advice helps you out..

HB

Reactions: Eddy

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I Second HB's recommendations. Also, if you're referring to Dolce in Santiago, it closed a couple of years ago. It is now called Dubai and I wouldn't say it's a "must go", but it's one of several good dance clubs in Santiago...all are mentioned on a few "best of " posts on DR1...but it's highly unlikely there'll be any "winning" at these clubs without serious game, money, and decent Spanish...

There are a few places in Santiago more inline with Passions (in Sosua) though...they're probably listed here as well...

In Sosua and Cabarete, pretty much all non All-Inclusive hotels are guest friendly...again, there are several lists and reviews on DR1. For a group of six you may want to look into renting a villa or condo though...

And the question of where the best looking women are, that's been debated here numerous times...Santiago for sure has more than it's fair share of beautiful Dominican women, Cabarete is known more for female tourists, rather than Dominicanas, and Sosua is not regarded as a great place to meet "regular" Dominican women, but rather as an easy place to find working girls...however a good number of them are "beauty-challenged" :bunny:

Reactions: Bronxboy

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it looks to me, no offence, that you are looking to score. for that i would recommend sosua or cabarete. the hottest girls are probably in santiago or moca, famous for it's pretty women but you are not likely to get inside the panties of a nice girl who is not a pro. so again, sosua or cabarete will cater to those needs.
you may also consider puerto plata which is somewhere between sosua/cabarete and santiago. hotels in the city will take the girls or you could rent a house with a pool and bring the girls there. POP has a range of clubs/discos where you could find your pray. and the ladies are good looking, i think.
best airport to fly into is probably POP buy you may consider santiago if the ticket is significantly cheaper.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
It sounds like the OP is hoping to "win" some free nookie from beautiful Dominicanas. While there are occassional anecdotal cases where this happens, if you go with that in mind, it is almost assured you will "lose".

What you can realistically hope for is some paid companionship with some really sexy women. Nothing to be ashamed or proud of. I'm reminded of Julia Robert's words to Richard Gere in Pretty Woman. "I've got news for you............. I'm a sure thing".

Reactions: Bronxboy

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Wow!
Let me think for 5 seconds.
Check out HB's suggestions and follow.
1. Fly to POP
1.5 Stay in Sosua
2. Any non AI or condo, (Book by internet, condos, accommodation Sosua etc.There are loads) they're all fine.
3. You don't need Santiago, but if you really want to go, let your new 'Novia" arrange Caribe tours, disc ,cabana and have a blast. Hands on wallet at all times of course.
4. Behave yourselves in public, to reasonable extent --not to be abusive or aggressive.Tipsy is fine, drunk tends to be preyed upon.
5. Passions is an experience, I'm told, not to be missed.
6, Please don't be the A** H**le tourist we see so much of and enjoy yourselves!
Learn at least how to say hello, thank you, thank you so much in Spanish and you will improve your standing four- fold.
Do not judge your host by your measures. Theirs are superior.

citynights

Jan 24, 2011
Wow!
Let me think for 5 seconds.
Check out HB's suggestions and follow.
1. Fly to POP
1.5 Stay in Sosua
2. Any non AI or condo, (Book by internet, condos, accommodation Sosua etc.There are loads) they're all fine.
3. You don't need Santiago, but if you really want to go, let your new 'Novia" arrange Caribe tours, disc ,cabana and have a blast. Hands on wallet at all times of course.
4. Behave yourselves in public, to reasonable extent --not to be abusive or aggressive.Tipsy is fine, drunk tends to be preyed upon.
5. Passions is an experience, I'm told, not to be missed.
6, Please don't be the A** H**le tourist we see so much of and enjoy yourselves!
Learn at least how to say hello, thank you, thank you so much in Spanish and you will improve your standing four- fold.
Do not judge your host by your measures. Theirs are superior.

new garden will fit your needs, if there is space...right on with you don"t need santiago & I would add santo domingo....you will find many of the girls in Sousa are from these cities....party is on at classicos & visit to La passions is a must(chicas)...carberate is must see(beach)...catch a public taxi on the main road...30-50 pesos ...Must read log onto ISOC....do your homework...have a great time...

Status
Not open for further replies.