Santo Domingo Housing

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hello,

I hate to create a new thread, but I did search :)

I'm looking for a new apartment. I'm currently living in Gazcue in a 2BD 2BATH apartment.

I'm moving in early March, and I'm looking for the following

- 2 bedrooms
- 2 full bath (2 showers, one doesn't have to be a masterbath)
- between ZC and Bella Vista and the Malecon and Kennedy.
- 20,000 or less (I hate dealing with money)

I've lived here for almost 2 years, but relatively "sheltered", so I'm a bit lost.

Now sure, you can tell me that this isn't possible and highly unlikely to find what I'm looking for :) But do you think in the same post, you'd be willing to offer a suggestion of a website that lists rentals?

I've checked here, and also supercasas.com (which found me my current place) but I'm hoping to branch out and see other online options.

Of course, we are planning a day of driving around and calling also :)

Thanks a lot everyone :)

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The #1 best way is to walk the streets, note down numbers on the signs, also the buildings and follow up. The city has hundreds of apartments for rent, you just need to get out there.
I know buildings with 40-50% occupancy and are crying right now.

Get a local to make the initial call and establish the price.
When you have a short list, go and see them and low ball them.
Leverage being a Gringo, you pay on time, you will vacate on time and you wil not destroy the place. If you are prepared to walk away, you will eventually get the deal you want.

This will yield much better results that any website.

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
Followup

Hello All,

Just as a followup....

We cold called about 20 places driving around and ended up connecting (via an Agent) with the owner of an apartment in Julieta.

Great apartment and he was fine with our lack of garantor (if was also foreign, if it matters).

Also, I'd like to mention the Agent and her information:

Luz Quezada
Timeshomes.com
809-565-9192

In between visiting the apartment and deciding to take it, she also picked us up at work, and drove us to see 2 other apartments she thought we might be interested. She also brought a translator as well!

We sign on Monday ;)

Thanks for you help Robert and DR1 !