Birthday cake and flowers in Santiago

whiddons

Dec 19, 2010
Hi guys and gals, looking for a place in Santiago that will deliver a birthday cake of good quality to Hotel Hodelpa Gran Almirante this Sunday. They have to be willing to accept credit card by phone or internet or accept cash on delivery since I will not be arriving until late this Saturday evening. Looking for a good flower shop with same requirements also. I found florprimavera.com from another thread for the flowers. Anyone else has experience with them?

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
You are better waiting to do it in person. Primavera is nice but I thought it was expensive, even though they will do delivery. Another problem is most places arent open on Sunday. BUT if you wait to do it in person you can buy everything at La Nacional Supermarket which is like a few of blocks east of Gran Almirante.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) You can go to PriceSmart and buy a nice cake. You can buy flowers over by the cemetery early Sunday morning.
2) You can order a nicely hand-decorated cake from Pilar Severino (809 582 6127) and she will get it to you and take cash on delivery
3) You can order a cake from Benny's Postre, and they will take plastic and deliver.

4) Go with Primavera, they are good and save worry...

HB

whiddons

Dec 19, 2010
Thanks RacerX and Hillbilly for the quick reply. I almost have enough info. Now, I would love to have the flowers before 8 am. In case I decide to go with La Nacional, anyone knows at what time they open on a Sunday? And is Pricemart close to Hodelpa Gran Almirante?

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Nacional opens at 9 on Sundays and no, Pricesmart is not very close to Gran Almirante (however, close is relative... it's about 8 minutes down the road)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you can get chur buttinski out of bed early, you could get flowers at the cemetery and be back before 8 a.m. If you want them delivered by 8 a.m. on a Sunday morning, I am thinking....eeeeh? Maybe, maybe not...better talk to either Primavera or Adis
Florister?a...want me to call?

Regarding the cake, you would be best served by going over to the Nacional or PriceSmart and getting one the night before, or telling Benny Postre to deliver it the night before and have the consierge keep it for the morning!

HB

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
The best and most known cake maker in Santiago is Reposteria FIFA, on La Sanche and Independencia. They are the most known, with well over 20 years of experience. I must confess they do make an excellent cake. Unfortunately for you they do not deliver..

La Primavera is a good place for flowers, they alway have a fresh selection of flowers at hand.

whiddons

Dec 19, 2010
Thanks all for the suggestions. This morning AMEX travel made my reservation and the hotel was nice enough to offer to place a complimentary birthday cake in the room and to decorate the door with "Happy Birthday" before we arrived. So the cake part is solved. Big up to Gran Almirante for above and beyond service (or maybe it was my Centurion concierge I should be thanking) . As for the flowers, I will buy them at La Nacional when they open at 9. If things don't go as planned I'll update you so anyone planning in the future will have the info! Thank you all.

Last edited:

whiddons

Dec 19, 2010
Trip Update: The hotel as promised had a simple cake prepared in the room. As for the flowers , I took a taxi to the cemetary area where I had my pick of flowers to make into an arrangement. I choose a dozen roses with the odd garnish to complete (cost me only 300 pesos). Taxi cost me 200 pesos.