good hairstylist in Santo Domingo?

kellyslice

Jan 26, 2011
Can anyone recommend a good hairstylist in Santo Domingo? Preferably someone who can cut gringa hair and is familiar with more edgy styles?

thanks!

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
I no longer live in Santo Domingo (sniff, sniff) but when I did I went to Patricia Lederer. (809) 566-3999 - 5 No 512, E Morales - Santo Domingo. I believe she is Spanish? Not sure, but she is not Dominican.

I was looking for exactly the same thing as you- an "edgier" style that I hadn't found in traditional Dominican salon. (FWIW, I am a white gringa in my 30s with very thin and straight hair.) I absolutely loved her work and plan on going back when mi esposo and I go back to visit family.

I don't remember exactly how much it was in pesos, but I remember bragging to my friends in the US that I got the great stylish cut for only US$40. (They didn't need to know that that's expensive for the DR! :) )

Last edited:

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I no longer live in Santo Domingo (sniff, sniff) but when I did I went to Patricia Lederer. (809) 566-3999 - 5 No 512, E Morales - Santo Domingo. I believe she is Spanish? Not sure, but she is not Dominican.

I was looking for exactly the same thing as you- an "edgier" style that I hadn't found in traditional Dominican salon. (FWIW, I am a white gringa in my 30s with very thin and straight hair.) I absolutely loved her work and plan on going back when mi esposo and I go back to visit family.

I don't remember exactly how much it was in pesos, but I remember bragging to my friends in the US that I got the great stylish cut for only US$40. (They didn't need to know that that's expensive for the DR! :) )

$$$ 40. bucks!!! It's expencive even here in the US as I see my wife and daugther only pay $ 16. at great Clips salon here in Raleigh NC.

Well they have hair cut only, never style or dry hair, this might be the reason...

JJ

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If she's still working there, I recommend Nadia (Italian) at the Salon on the 3rd floor of Bella Vista Mall.

Jan 17, 2009
$$$ 40. bucks!!! It's expencive even here in the US as I see my wife and daugther only pay $ 16. at great Clips salon here in Raleigh NC.

Well they have hair cut only, never style or dry hair, this might be the reason...

JJ

Could it be that your wife and daughter are hiding the real cost from you? Only in inexpensive chain salons like Hair Cuttery, with not so good stylists, you get a hair cut for $16 in any major metropolitan area in the US.

In fact, back in 1977 when I first moved to the US, I paid much more than that for a decent hair cut in the DC area in a small salons, nothing fancy, no high profile stylist.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Could it be that your wife and daughter are hiding the real cost from you? Only in inexpensive chain salons like Hair Cuttery, with not so good stylists, you get a hair cut for $16 in any major metropolitan area in the US.

In fact, back in 1977 when I first moved to the US, I paid much more than that for a decent hair cut in the DC area in a small salons, nothing fancy, no high profile stylist.

Great Clips is a nationally franchised "inexpensive chain salon" just like "Hair Cuttery"

GreatClips.com - About Us

Beauty shops in Santo Domingo? Let your fingers do the walking:

Beauty Salons - Delivery Services in Dominican Repulic. Yellow Pages

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
No the yellow pages will not do it
since the Dominican hairstylists are simply experts in Dominican hair,, that is in mata la onda... getting any sort of kinky pelo malo out of it by means of treatment and rolling and brushing..

The OP is looking for a good cutter.. someone who can do gringa hair with an edgy style

entire nother kettle of fish

i went to a couple of Dominican salons for a cut...sorry sorry experience

bad hair month!!

Try Lily on the ground floor at Bella Vista

also $40!