I have a buisness question?

Nesstor

Jan 29, 2011
maxcleansepro.net
Ok i have a question about a buisness.My husband works for an earth moving company(minig,construction type deal)Anyway his boss who is the owner of the company makes them sign papers stating that if they break something while they are on the job they have to pay for it (the workers) They also have to sign a paper saying that they have to buy their own tools for the job. On the paper its says that it will automatically be deducted from their paycheck.Can he do this? Is this legal? The boss also stops by our house alot to borrow tools he needs when my husband isnt working cause he doesnt have them.That i really dont think its fair cause he says (the boss) they have to buy their own tools for the job.Why doesnt he have his own tools? Im wondering because my husband broke a handle off a tractor and now we get 200 $ taken off our check every month until it reaches 4000.00 What does everybody else think?And what can i do about this?The area that we live in doesnt have that many job opportuni

web

Nov 5, 2005
I think it is common to have/use your own tools in the construction industry but to sign a paper saying you are liable if a piece of equipment breaks down does not sound reasonable to me. Like you said jobs are hard to come by but that doesn't sound right to me.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
His boss is a flamming pr*ck. Out of curiosity is the boss Dominican?