American Marrying Dominican

D

Don

If an American marrys a Dominican, how long must one wait in order to bring the person to the US?

L

Larry

Your best bet is to bring him/her to the US and marry them here.
It's also the quickest.

M

Mw

DONT MARRY A DOMINICAN WE HAVE ENOUGH OVER HERE THE MONEY AINT WORTH IT MARRY AN AMERICAN OR A PUERTO RICAN

D

Doug McMichael

What a post MW, thoughtless, ignorant and really showing your lack of intelligence. And may I ask who is the "we" you refer to? You know sometimes it's better to be thought an idiot than to open your mouth an erase all doubt!

M

M

Best advice I wish someone had told me - American's should never marry a non-citizen outside the US if they intend for their spouse to migrate to the US. File the Fiancee Visa, a non-immigrant visa which is processed much faster than a spousal (immigrant) visa, and get married in the US. You'll have to file form K-1 with the local INS service center. Once approved, you'll have 90 days to marry in the US. I wish I had had this advice.

L

Larry

Could you post a timeline for each step in the process? Also, which INS Service Center did you have to go through?

M

M

I believe that there are four INS "service" centers - Vermont, Nebraska, Dallas, and one other. I had to use Vermont, which is by far the slowest since they process applications from Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, DC ,and all the other cities in the North East. I think that the VSC jurisdiction is from Maine to Virginia. The Fiancee Visa application can be completed in 3 to 6 months. A spousal visa (I-130) can take WELL over one year. The processing of applications stops occasionally due to INS audits. There are several great web sites which will give you detailed information about the immigration process. Run a search for alt.us.marriage-based visa (or something like that) - it is a newsgroup on deja.

R

Rafael

To Mw

We also have enough Americans and Puerto Ricans. Does that mean that "the money aint worth it for them" either?

Also, I wish you'd get over your attention-deficit disorder, "Get a Life"/Maria/ME/Mw. You should blame your parents for the lack of attention. Not Dominicans.

M

Mw

To Rafael

We are AMERICAN we wanna stay in our country we are not asking to go anywhere else you people are the ones who want the AMERICAN DREAM we have enough DRUGS here we dont need more DOMINICANS selling it here they do something wrong in america and run back home stay where you are and do it there i am sure there is $$$$ there

N

NYGIRL_DR1

SO MUCH HATRED!

I do not understand why people criticize DOMINICANS so much, There are many good people & wealthy & Educated as well as AMERICANS, Why you judging DOMINICAN so ruff & cruel, & why the hell are you here sending message in a DOMINICAN WEBSITE! This is a good example of IGNORANCE Among Human Beings... & beside let me tell you something, I think you have MONEY up to your A**... Money is not everything... Ohh,One more thing U think only DOMINICAN deals with DRUGs...You are mistaken ....You should make a research before you talk BS! All damm cultures or races does something illegal it not only THE DOMINICANS! If you have so much hatred in you STEP OFF!

NYGIRL_DR1

H

Henry

Big Problem - but to whom?

Well, I live in the DR and know therefore a litte about the odds!

The mayor problem is, that a growing number of Dominicans taking over in various countries the Drug scene! Now thats what people see and hear! On the other hand the great number of Dominicans who work seriously just getting overseen and ignored!
(What about Baseball???)

To my opinion, all (and I mean all) countries with criminal foreigneres (not only Dom.) should have the power to send back the bad elements and / ore to cut down the ilegal business! But they cant do that due to their incapacities, "human rights", which only apply to criminals and false marriages / family relationships!

I believe, the problem should be solved on all terrains, with national racism we are not getting nowhere, just look at the present world! (And this Board!)

Henry

(Didn't the US reduce the funds for Drugcontrol in the caribbean? And why they are checking only the outgoing passengers for drugs and not the incoming ones???)

D

Don

Student Visa

If a Dominican is studying in the US on a Student Visa, can he or she marry an American and get a change of status from the INS?

L

Larry

Re: Student Visa

They will more than likely suspect you of visa fraud. Contact an immigration attorney for more help.

R

red97miata

Engaged to Dominican - currently processing Visa

Hi,
I LOVE that this came up... I've been engaged to a Domincan for several months now and have tons of info about the process for anyone who wants to email me at red97miata@aol.com I've also posted a link that has a pic of myself and a few of my Fiance... The I-129F is the "K1 Fiance Visa" the time it takes depends on where you live.. I'm in Texas, there are 4 INS service centers.. 2 of them are taking only 15-40 days... and Texas is one of the two slow ones... takes 100-150 days right now, I'm on day 94 today... after this approval, takes another 1-3 monts at the US Embassy in Santo Domingo... I'd love to get email from ANYONE who is going through this process, plans to later, or already has... DON"T MARRY OVER THERE!!! It will take you 10-14 months to bring you spouse here on a 1-130 spousal Visa... also, the Fiance Visa makes it easy to bring children if your loved one has children under 21years old..(I think, might be 18 years)..
Anyway, email if you have questions or would like links to some of the best immigration websites.... Derrick red97miata@aol.com

R

Rafael

To Mw

Idiot, I am an American. I'm a citizen, I served four years in the USMC and I fought in Dessert Storm. As for Drugs, if there weren't any idiots like you making a huge demand, then there wouldn't be a big market for it. Remember, it is because of people like me that idiots like you can keep your right to talk all the horse shit. If you wish, we could meet in person to discuss your little attention deficit disorder: one swift punch on the head might cure you of that problem.

I didn't ask you to go anywhere, either. But, you want me to go home? Why don't you write to me so that we can discuss you sending me home? Do you know where my home is? It's in Brooklyn, you moron.

You are one hell of an American: you can't even write. If you speak as bad as you write, then you're the one who will need to sell drugs sometime in the future because you will never find your "American Dream."

I have class now but, we'll continue this...I look forward to pissing on your face...

R

Rafael

To: DR1, everyone on this thread, and Mw

To DR1:
I apologize for my previous post and wish to have it removed if necessary.

To everyone:
I would like to express my sincere apologies for the previous outburst of anger (notice I even misspelled d-e-s-e-r-t). Please understand, I don't appreciate being called a drug dealer or gold digger (or whatever the hell this individual, that doesn't wish to identify him/her/itself, was saying). I urge all of us here to give this individual the kind of attention he/she/it deserves: none.
I feel that I have given back to this country although maybe not as much as I have received from her or as much as I am capable of giving back.

To Mw/ME/Maria/Get a Life/Whatever the hell you're calling yourself now:
You are an ignorant, uneducated individual. You lack judgement, respect, sensitivity, and parental attention; however, I understand that you are entitled to your opinion no matter how ignorant or misguided, or how gramatically poor it may be. You are also entitled to seek attention wherever you feel you may get it from. I take back what I said about "discussing your little issues personally" but, keep in mind the following points:

1. I am NOT a drug dealer nor did I marry an American or Puerto Rican for money, papers, or love.

2. I have money that I made, through hard, honest work, on my own. I am NOT interested in your money. I do not care for it and you can take it and shove it up your a**.

3. I still think you suffer from some kind of lack of attention. You should blame your parents for this little problem and NOT take it out on us.

4. I will take the advise you gave Don on 4/3 and I will marry a Puerto Rican. I've had my eye on this one kutie from Ponce. Her blond hair kills me. Hey, maybe I could get my papers...