Canadian killed in Punta Cana

signcord

Feb 4, 2011
Beating death?

Does anyone have details on the young Canadian guy who was beaten to death when he tried to intervene when seeing a Dominican girl being assaulted?
Where was this?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It was in Punta Cana and hasn't been confirmed but it was a 19 year old guy from Barrie Ontario, and the assaulter were from Quebec x three.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
He got into a fight with 3 fellow Canadian tourists, when he confronted a man hitting a woman.

600_jordan_110204.jpg

Jordan Morrison, of Barrie, Ont., is seen in this undated image.

"According to the stories told to his friends, Mr. Morrison had intervened to defend a woman during an argument when three fellow Canadian tourists from Quebec ganged up on him.

Monette said four Canadian citizens have been detained by police in the Dominican, but could not provide any other details.
The alleged altercation took place in a bar at the Grand Paradise Bavaro resort."

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
If this is confirmed, it doesn't say much for these 3 tourists, I hope they are prosicuted.

DR2001

Jan 2, 2011
So sad and tragic for the young man (and his family) who may have been trying to do the right thing. More and more each day, I wonder what our world is coming to. As being a long time silent reader of DR1 and more recently a poster, there are so many discussions about safety in the DR, but I am wondering if we are safe anymore, anywhere. This story also hits home and the heart, my youngest son also has aspergers and I can see him doing the same thing.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I wonder how this will be prosecuted because it was a Canadian tourist killed by a group of other Canadians in the Dominican Republic.

EDinNB

Apr 1, 2006
There is only 1 way it should be prosecuted...It happened in Dominican Republic, so DR law should darned well prevail... Would one expect a US citizen killing another US citizen in Toronto be subject to US Laws?

EDinNB

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
they deserve everything they get...and i hope it gets dealt with in the dr for good measure...last thing the dr needs is a bunch of stupid tourists who think they can do what ever they feel like....

Momark

Jul 27, 2010
Can't imagine that anyone - Canadian, American, Dominican - would object to the DR courts throwing the book at these men. Murdering anybody, especially a teen with a disability, needs strict justice applied.

Reactions: miloskorac

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
I wonder how this will be prosecuted because it was a Canadian tourist killed by a group of other Canadians in the Dominican Republic.
No matter, it was a crime committed in the DR, regardless of nationality, those FCB's will pay the price..... in a Dominican jail for many years..... their problem totally......they will have plenty of time to regret........Not the AI experience they originally paid for....

Mar 1, 2009
The Quebecois are so evil please don't travel to Quebec they are violent and corrupt they discriminate against everbody. (substitute Quebecois for Dominicans anytime you feel comfortable).

I bet there were many castigating and blaming Dominicans for this heinous act. Tabernac!!!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Unfortunately Lando simply because the incident happened in the DR some will blame it on the location. It is not right but people will read the headline and think negative thoughts about the DR. They should focus the blame on the men who comitted the crime.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Unfortunately Lando simply because the incident happened in the DR some will blame it on the location. It is not right but people will read the headline and think negative thoughts about the DR. They should focus the blame on the men who comitted the crime.

Well Canadian news is certainly focusing on the perps, especially because they are Canadian. CBC is reporting that five Canadians are being held in custody. With the current Canadian government they'll make sure that the family have contacted lawyers and that their basic human rights are being honoured, other than that they'll let the Dominican Justice system do it's thing.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
woofsback states

they deserve everything they get...and i hope it gets dealt with in the dr for good measure...last thing the dr needs is a bunch of stupid tourists who think they can do what ever they feel like

we have always had those types here. nothing new, i?m afraid