Cable...

golfngamble

Feb 9, 2011
I stayed in Cocotal Golf Suites for two weeks. They had a tv package with about 100 channels but most importantly ESPN. Not ESPN International, not ESPN News, Not ESPN Deportes but regular ESPN from the United States. It also had a number of quality channels. Does anybody know which company Cocotal Golf Suites gets their cable from.

Also, now that I have moved in for six months in Bavaro, what is the best cable company around? I am not a big fan of SKY and I hear Speilcom is questionable. That only leaves Silver? Where would I go to hook this up, and how long does it take?

tequila

Oct 24, 2008
I stayed in Cocotal Golf Suites for two weeks. They had a tv package with about 100 channels but most importantly ESPN. Not ESPN International, not ESPN News, Not ESPN Deportes but regular ESPN from the United States. It also had a number of quality channels. Does anybody know which company Cocotal Golf Suites gets their cable from.

Also, now that I have moved in for six months in Bavaro, what is the best cable company around? I am not a big fan of SKY and I hear Speilcom is questionable. That only leaves Silver? Where would I go to hook this up, and how long does it take?

The Silver Cable office is located in Fruisa, across from the Texaco ( 2nd floor) If you pay for the year, you can sometimes get 1 or 2 months free. If it is the original hookup you will also have to pay for the setup ( hook up). They seem to be pretty good with keeping appts. In the Silver Cable package you will only find ESPN news.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Claro has a plan with cable, internet, and phone. They have ESPN regular and a lot of other sports channels. But your apt would have to be wired for this.

You can check with the Claro office in Veron on this.