From Santo Domingo Airport to Las Terrenas

Liloukx

Feb 16, 2011
Hi everyone, My friend and I are planning a trip to DR in a week and we wanted to know how to get from the SDQ airport to our hotel in Las Terrenas. Our plane is arriving at 12:50pm and we are hoping to hop on a bus and not spend the night in Santo Domingo. Anyone help us?
Thank you!:cheeky:
Liloukx

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Welcome

The best way to find out what is available is to use the search function at the top of the thread. This has been discussed before so you should be able to find out some things that may help.

One option that not many think of is a flight from Santo Domingo to el Portillo in Las Terrenas. It only take about 35 minutes and gets you right to town. Other options will require changing modes of transportation to get into Las Terrenas.

See Bienvenido al Website de Aerodomca

bob

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas

Hi:

I live in Las Terrenas. There are NO regularly schedule flights from Las Americas to El Portillo in Las Terrenas. The price to charter a flight is prohibitive and if you are taking a bus it does not sound like it is within your budget. Here is what you do. Take a cab from Las Americas airport to where the new highway to Samana starts. This will run about $35-$45.00USD. The bus to Las Terrenas comes thru there and for about $8.00USD will take you all the way to Las Terrenas. There is a bus that leave downtown Santo Domingo at 2PM. If your plane is on time you should be able to make this. The name of the bus is Transport Las Terrenas. There phone number in Santo Domingo is 809-687-1470. The drivers cell number is 809-854-8230. When your taxi driver leaves the airport ask him to call the cell number of the bus driver and tell him that you need to be picked up at the new highway. He will look for you and you should be all set. A small tip for your taxi driver is in order. Good luck.

S