MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

?Procurement Agent - Developmental Level
?Procurement Agent - Full Level
?Administrative Assistant,
?Chauffeur
?Security Investigator,

Procurement Agent - Developmental Level

40 hours per week
SALARY: *Ordinary Residents (OR): RD$455,966 p.a. (Starting Pay)

*Not-Ordinarily Resident(NOR): US$39,994 p.a (Starting Pay)
*(This pay is only for eligible Family Members who are
eligible for employment under the American USG pay plan)

Procurement Agent - Full Level

40 hours per week

Administrative Assistant,

40 hours per week

Chauffeur, OBO

44 hours per week
SALARY: *Ordinary Residents (OR): RD$221,113 p.a. (Starting Pay)

*Not-Ordinarily Resident(NOR): US$21,849 p.a (Starting Pay)

Security Investigator,
40 hours per week
SALARY: *Ordinary Residents (OR): RD$731,966 p.a. (Starting Pay)

*Not-Ordinarily Resident(NOR): US$50,043 p.a (Starting Pay)

For more information and contact number Dominican Rock

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
why is it that eligible family members are being paid three times what qualified locals are given for the same job?

or am i misreading?

is this not government corruption?

is this not nepotism?

is this fair?

arg1118

Mar 11, 2010
hmm interesting

mt. annie,

I would not go as far as to "yell" at OP since at least they posted the opportunity, but wow, that is odd that non resident family get 3x-4x the locals salary. bummer.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
why is it that eligible family members are being paid three times what qualified locals are given for the same job?

or am i misreading?

is this not nepotism?

is this fair?

That is for eligible family members. This applies to members of family US citizen who is stationed at the embassy. An example is the spouse of a consular officer stationed here. This allows for family of state department employee to come and work and live with spouse during foreign assignment.

Unless an eligable family member appiles for position, preference will be given to locals who qualify.

Jan 9, 2004
I think you are a little to quick....

or am i misreading?

is this not nepotism?

is this fair?

on the draw with this one.

First off, embassy staffers that are US citizens have to be paid at US rates, not the prevailing local wage.

Secondly, to encourage and help keep families together (remember your wife or husband and children might be back in the states or elsewhere) they try and place qualified family members in those jobs. The purpose is to keep families together and happy....an admirable goal don't you think?

Without those sorts of opportunities, there would be fewer people choosing to live and work for the US around the world.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

or am i misreading?

is this not nepotism?

is this fair?

The thing is that the us government uses a GS1 to GS15 pay scale according to the position you start with just like the military, except that in the military your rank goes up which causes your pay to go up. In a GS US government pay scale, your GS level only goes up when you go into another higher GS level position which would mean more money.

The pay scale is already set in stone just like the soldiers pay scale is set.
I think that 1/3 third is already a good pay, specially when you dont even have to be a US citizen. By doing it that way they are able to hire non citizens since only citizens can hold GS positions within the government which would also require a very deep and sensitive background check.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The thing is that the us government uses a GS1 to GS15 pay scale according to the position you start with just like the military, except that in the military your rank goes up which causes your pay to go up. In a GS US government pay scale, your GS level only goes up when you go into another higher GS level position which would mean more money.

The pay scale is already set in stone just like the soldiers pay scale is set.
I think that 1/3 third is already a good pay, specially when you dont even have to be a US citizen. By doing it that way they are able to hire none citizens since only citizens can hold GS positions within the government which would also require a very deep and sensitive background check.

ok,, that clears it up for me

thanks!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Do applicants have to be young, good looking females de buena presencia?

No, you qualify just fine.
This is not the dr doing the hiring.
and discrimination rules still applies
under US Labor Discrimination laws

Olinelooo

Apr 22, 2016
In a GS US government pay scale, your GS level only goes up when you go into another higher GS level position which would mean more money.????

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013

or am i misreading?
You are misreading. FOUR TIMES.
For example, RD$455,966 is about US$ 10,000 vs US$39,994 p.a

The salary level for Dominicans seems quite low (aside from the difference). It may be better than what many pay, but still low.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010

The salary level for Dominicans seems quite low (aside from the difference). It may be better than what many pay, but still low.

Are you surprised by this ? In Santo Domingo there are many people with similar levels of employment who have vastly different salaries. It depends principally on time, circumstance and locality of hire.

My friend Willy has an MBA and worked for Scotia Bank as a Senior Regional Credit Strategy Manager. He was making 125 k pesos a month with a typical benefit package but had long hours, frequent travel etc. He then moved to a well known NGO where he has a flashy title but is a glorified book keeper. He makes 75 k US a year and travels at most 2 x a year.
The inflated American salaries are a small price to pay when it comes to the furtherance of America's interests on a global scale
You should know this as an expert on all things Dominican

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

You are replying to a 5 year old thread. With USD around 37 probably, so three times was correct.

Besides locals are always paid less, not just Dominicans, but local residents. If I, living here, would apply for a job at the Dutch embassy they would pay me the same as a Dominican for that position. I could imagine the US Embassy does something like that.

Jan 7, 2016
Every job in the U.S. Government (excluding elected officials) has a GS Grade for pay, and within those grades are steps that also represent pay levels within that grade. You can be a GS-10, step 9 and make only slightly less than a GS-11, step 1. Overseas employees that have dependents living with them are paid the U.S. Rate and their eligible dependents are also paid at their eligible U.S. Rate. They are subject to U.S. Federal and State Income Taxes, based on their location of residence in the U.S., also.

Status
Not open for further replies.