cortisone injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfish

Jul 10, 2007
Can anyone recommend a physician to administer cortisone shots for tendonitis anywhere from Puerta Plata to Nagua?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's only an injection... anyone can do it, in any clinic or a hospital. you will need a medicine, a syringe and most likely a prescription. you can go to an emergency room and they will do it for you. gotta pay some, thou, unless you go to a public hospital...

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Sounds like the OP is in need of an injection into the tendon or joint. This probably would be best done by a trained orthopedist. At Centro Medical Bournigal in POP, I recommend Dr. William Redondo or his associates.

May 5, 2007
it's only an injection... anyone can do it, in any clinic or a hospital. you will need a medicine, a syringe and most likely a prescription. you can go to an emergency room and they will do it for you. gotta pay some, thou, unless you go to a public hospital...

I'm sure the OP knows what he/she needs, but Cortisone shots are usually very specific in their "destination" and a good Orthopod is ideal.

The shots I have had in my shoulder are from a "huge" hypodermic needle (I swear it could be used to drink a MacDonald's Milk shake) and almost always is preceded by a Marcaine injection to "numb" the area bit

These are not your usual subcutaneous/Intramuscular injections

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
have faith. a doctor or a nurse in an emergency room have suficient experience to administer any kind of injections.
if you insist on a specialst you should check either clinica brugal in POP or CMC in sosua/cabarete.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
have faith. a doctor or a nurse in an emergency room have suficient experience to administer any kind of injections.
if you insist on a specialst you should check either clinica brugal in POP or CMC in sosua/cabarete.

I normally find your answer's spot on, but in this case no, you need somebody experienced in injecting the injection. I 've had cortisone injections in elbows, knees, and shoulders. Off by a 1/4 inch and they do no good, in fact may do harm.

Reactions: IslandDreaming
May 5, 2007

DV8, I'm not a medical professional but have experienced enough injections etc. to know that cortisone has to get into he synovial sack (sp) surrounding the joint without harming any tendons/ligaments/cartilage or bone. an experienced Orthopod or at least General Practitioner would be doing this in the States, if any Medical assistant or technician in the DR is qualified I suppose, but I would not risk permanent injury

My Cousin had Cortisone shots in his Vertebrae for an injury and that was done under fluoroscopy to assure placement, again this is not a "Flu shot"

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am sure you guys are right.
the only good ortopeda i know is in clinica brugal, doctor miranda. la profe was very happy with him.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
i am sure you guys are right.
the only good ortopeda i know is in clinica brugal, doctor miranda. la profe was very happy with him.

Yes, I have Dr. Miranda to thank for cleaning out a massive infection I developed in my leg after being injured by a car that ran over it. His treatment stabilized my condition enough that I was able to return to the US where further procedures saved both life and limb.

If not for Dr. Miranda, I would certainly have lost my leg, and probably my life as well.

bigfish

Jul 10, 2007
Thank you for your answers. Could you please provide directions and or a phone number for Clinica Brugal and Dr.Miiranda? Thank you

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Clinica Brugal is in Puerto Plata on Calle Jos? del Carmen Ariza. It is about two blocks from the Malecon. Along the Malecon, it is the street between Aguaceros and Tam-Tam restaurants.

Jose del Carmen Ariza is the street on which the Cathedral of Puerto Plata is located. If you walk (it is one-way) towards the ocean from the Cathedral, Clinica Brugal is in the block past Doce de Julio and before the Episcopal church.

Dr. Miranda does not speak English (at least, he always spoke to me in Spanish). I have his cell phone number, but hesitate to post in in public.

The telephone number of the hospital is 809 586 2519.

Status
Not open for further replies.