I need to get an eye exam and new lenses made for my eye glasses in Santo Domingo.

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
I need an english speaking optometrist or ophthalmologist in Santo Domingo that performs good eye exams at a reasonable price. Then I need a place in Santo Domingo that can make my new lenses for my eye glasses from a tracer machine based on the eye glasses frame that I have now.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I need an english speaking optometrist or ophthalmologist in Santo Domingo that performs good eye exams at a reasonable price. Then I need a place in Santo Domingo that can make my new lenses for my eye glasses from a tracer machine based on the eye glasses frame that I have now.

Try Ivan Battle - 5 Fantino Falco 809-563-2803, or Herbert Stern - 523-6004. These are old but might still be good.

Or you might try google
http://seccionpaginasamarillas.com/english/location/santo-domingo/category/ophthalmologist/2.html

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well - report. Did you get new glasses, where did you go, how expensive was it. You always ask the questions; how about giving some answers.

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
Well - report. Did you get new glasses, where did you go, how expensive was it. You always ask the questions; how about giving some answers.
I am moving to Santo Domingo in a couple of months. I may get the eye exam done here in the USA then get an optical lab in Santo Domingo to make the lenses for the eye glass frames I have already. I am not sure if an optical lab in Santo Domingo will honor an eye glass prescription done here in the USA. I have 3 types of prescriptions eye glass frames and 2 types of prescription sunglass frames. It is waste of money to get all 5 sets of lenses made here in the USA. Most services and goods are less expensive in the Dominican Republic if a person knows where to shop. I will give you a report on the optical labs and optometrists in Santo Domingo as soon as possible. I enjoy sharing information and knowledge with other people.

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
You mean to tell me you are NOT in the DR now?
I have already lived in Santo Domingo. I am only in the USA for a short period of time because my mother has frontotemporal dementia and she is losing her mind. I am arranging to have her placed in a psychiatric facility for the remainder of her life. Then I will be returning to my home in Santo Domingo.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Can't anyone ever ask a simple question here without having their guts ripped out ?????

Of course not,

What else would they do "All Day" living their life in front of their computer?

24m6new.gif

Reactions: Celt202